What Ive Noticed With Scalp Burning

cybersk8er

My Regimen
Reaction score
ever since i started finasteride my burning scalp has stopped.

before finasteride i had these burning scalps and felt there was some kind of liquid under the scalp that would flare up to the scalp surface and it would burn, especially if i was stressed. i feel it was dht.

but now i have started finasteride it has stopped. anyone had experiences like this?

paxis

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My scalp buring also stopped. Can't tell from what. Probably KET.

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ever since i started finasteride my burning scalp has stopped.

before finasteride i had these burning scalps and felt there was some kind of liquid under the scalp that would flare up to the scalp surface and it would burn, especially if i was stressed. i feel it was dht.

but now i have started finasteride it has stopped. anyone had experiences like this?

i think the liquide that you are talking about is the excess of sebum (oil) in your scalps that is caused by dht.

cybersk8er

My Regimen
Reaction score
i think the liquide that you are talking about is the excess of sebum (oil) in your scalps that is caused by dht.
that makes sense, could you expand on that? i felt before finasteride, my scalp was more dry, maybe finasteride regulates the sebum levels better or something?

cybersk8er

My Regimen
Reaction score
also, why was it when i felt anxious i could feel a rush of the burn (or sebum) to my scalp. does dht activate when it gets stressed?

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
Problem is, Finasteride isn't known to affect sebum production...I for one had an increase in acne since starting Finasteride. Go figure...

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That burn is your body attacking your follicles I'm pretty sure. Anyway that just reminded me of something, when you squeeze / kneed your scalp it gets pretty oily I find. So I'm thinking maybe it's a good thing to do before showering so as to get the exxess oil out. What do u guys think?

cybersk8er

My Regimen
Reaction score
That burn is your body attacking your follicles I'm pretty sure. Anyway that just reminded me of something, when you squeeze / kneed your scalp it gets pretty oily I find. So I'm thinking maybe it's a good thing to do before showering so as to get the exxess oil out. What do u guys think?
why would the body attack the follices

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Inbeforethecure explained that the itching and probably burning too are because of degranulating mast cells or something, which are common around balding hair.

Any keto shampoo stopped the burn and itching for me

resu

Reaction score
I believe it's the sebum too, the enlarged sebaceous glands which attract bacteria in the scalp due to the increase in sebum along with the missing pockets of hair which make the hair splits touch the scalp due to the low density if that makes sense.

Last edited:

abcdefg

Reaction score
I dont have a burn its just a relentless itch that comes and goes. When it comes though its like having poison ivy where one specific spot like the frontal hairline or crown just itches super bad for like a minute or two then it goes away completely. Its always where the current hair loss is happening which seems like a strange coincidence to me.
I really feel I have higher estrogen and lower androgen levels compared to most men and that always stopped me from trying propecia. I really feel I am a prime candidate to get gyno or have major issues with it, but I know its male pattern baldness with that itch. Id rather go bald though then get brain fog, grow tits, or get aggressive prostate cancer.
There is no proven connection between the burn/itching and male pattern baldness though

Spitshade

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont have a burn its just a relentless itch that comes and goes. When it comes though its like having poison ivy where one specific spot like the frontal hairline or crown just itches super bad for like a minute or two then it goes away completely. Its always where the current hair loss is happening which seems like a strange coincidence to me.
I really feel I have higher estrogen and lower androgen levels compared to most men and that always stopped me from trying propecia. I really feel I am a prime candidate to get gyno or have major issues with it, but I know its male pattern baldness with that itch. Id rather go bald though then get brain fog, grow tits, or get aggressive prostate cancer.
There is no proven connection between the burn/itching and male pattern baldness though

I know you're pain! The itch kills me. It's mostly in my crown area now... which is thinning so bad the last year.

I can't use finasteride because I had mild gyno as a teen in one side and when I went on it, I felt it start flaring up after the first few weeks. Not to mention brain fog, lower libido, and sharp pains in my balls lol. The first week my sex drive skyrocketed but after it was almost gone.

Let's hope a cure comes soon!