What Is With The Blue Pill Mindset Re Treatments?

JMS97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I highly doubt anything groundbreaking is coming in the next 5 years. It isn't feasible. In the next 10 years the only hope for hair is Tsuji's method. If it comes out in 2020 I'll be over the moon, but it isn't happening. Not trying to anger people but please be realistic. Continuing to nuke DHT will be the only solution for the next 5-10 years. If I am wrong, I am very happy to eat my words.

JMS97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
iStock_000010193103Small.jpg

http://www.regrowshair.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/avodart-propecia1.jpg
mhm pretty much all there is

JMS97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Drugs (currently on market) + plugs are actually enough for most guys anyway. If you're young, you just need to find a competent surgeon with enough balls to be aggressive.
I'm just worried if finasteride gave me sides.. And the fact the effacy of finasteride runs out, so the rest of hair around hair transplant would all fall out and look awful

lbj2

Reaction score
I'm just worried if finasteride gave me sides.. And the fact the effacy of finasteride runs out, so the rest of hair around hair transplant would all fall out and look awful

Sides are rare, finasteride generally remains quite effective for quite a long time, and yes, you may well want or even need 2-3 transplants ultimately, rather than just 1.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I've always wondered about that. How does a young guy go about a hair transplant? Just gets another one later on?

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"No need to start finasteride and to risk side effects, I saw an article about the cure being five years away..."

Every noob ever since 2000.

Meanwhile the cure is already out there. It's called: "catching your hairloss early with anti-androgens".

hair transplant's may help too.

JMS97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"No need to start finasteride and to risk side effects, I saw an article about the cure being five years away..."

Every noob ever since 2000.

Meanwhile the cure is already out there. It's called: "catching your hairloss early with anti-androgens".

hair transplant's may help too.
the cure is 2020!!!!!!!!!!!! already organised a party for 1 Jan 2020 back to NW0 baby

shookwun

Reaction score
Take your drugs and buy your plugs before you become the what if guy.

No point waiting for a cure because it's not coming anytime soon

I dont plan on wasting the next 10 years of my prime waiting for a cure

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
None of us, even finasteride responded, knows how long finasteride-dutasteride will hold our hair loss at bay or keep it to a minimum, but I agree with Shookwon, you don't want regrets, don't want to be the what if? Guy. Drugs and plugs indeed, enjoy your youth as best you can because you cannot predict the future, you cannot predict your long term state on finasteride, nor can you predict if Replicel or Kyocera will come through (the only ones I have any real hope for).

shookwun

Reaction score
What a perfect thread for me to have my cereal (with finasteride) and start the day. Another important people often forget to mention is the gap in hair counts between finasteride users and non finasteride users INCREASES by the year. In other words, even if finasteride loses some effect, we are in a much better position than someone not on it. And of course there are plugs. Just look at the majority of long term members on here who didn't try finasteride even though they could have and see how their hair is.

Screw dreaming sun burns, lithium chloride and other unproven crap will keep your hair. It's not a bad idea to experiment (bear in mind safety) once you're on an approved anti androgen. But if it's your primary treatment, good luck.
Yeah. People seem to think there hair loss ends at what they can visually see and feel. But male pattern baldness is progressive by mature. Androgen activity is always happening, and it's usually either to late or to much is lost that people notice.

I thought for the longest time I just had a simple nw3 but didn't realise my entire scalp was slowly eroding. Proof is in the pudding when your sides and back are thicker and have a darker pigmentation

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When and how does finasteride start losing its efficiency? Most users seem to slowly lose hair but I remember a 10-year study claiming users would maintain over 10 years.

I switch back and forth from considering dutasteride and the fear of a dutasteride-induced shed(many people report it when they make the switch).

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
consider yourselves lucky. I cant NOT take finasteride. Horrible physical sides. Its funny because my hair Doctor even didnt believe me until recently he said a second patient came in with the exact same complaints I had.
Guess its good to know Im not 1 in a million anymore.... up to 2 in a 999,998 now

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Legit. We are stuck with tranny-tier drugs. All those noobs hoping for "Mr ethnic/asian doctor of the hour" to cure baldness with whatever new promising treatment is out of their mind.

Choose between potent male hormones or hair. God does not exist indeed, or if he does, he is playing troll on us. Life is an absolute SCAM.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
consider yourselves lucky. I cant NOT take finasteride. Horrible physical sides. Its funny because my hair Doctor even didnt believe me until recently he said a second patient came in with the exact same complaints I had.
Guess its good to know Im not 1 in a million anymore.... up to 2 in a 999,998 now
Yeah, the official % of sides on finasteride are bullshit, it's obviously much higher.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's realistic to assume that Tsuji might have the cure in his hands and it will be available in the future.

That being said you should do whatever you can about your hair loss right now. Time is very valuable in life. Simple as it is.

For prevention currently it's simple use finasteride if you want and can.

For getting your hair back, hair transplants pretty much.

I would be a NW5 by now if I had not taken any action. Now I'm a NW1 pretty much.

Got my plan already set out too if things get worse.. If my mid area and my crown will start go to sh*t density wise, I'm planning for one more hair transplant with 3-4K grafts to add density again.

It's all about buying time. Postponing dat baldite status.