What is the 'regrowth' like?

FunkTube

Reaction score
i get these little white bumps on my hairline when I take finasteride. theyre not pimples, but theyre like little whiteheads that i can roll right off the skin, but on occasion theres been like a tiny hair attatched to it...is this REGROWTH!? are these little follicles trying to come back to life? should i not be picking these out of my hair and letting them do thier thing?

the only thing is that they dont seem to be deep at all, theyre like coming out my scalp...

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
It's dandruff, not associated with regrowth sorry. Usually when you see new vellous hairs popping up, that is a sign of regrowth

FunkTube

Reaction score
im pretty damn sure its not dandruff....its not flakey.

its more fleshy, a lot like the 'bulb' that is on the end of a healthy hair if you pull it out, thats why im wondering if theres a relation

mightymouse

Reaction score
Hey funk,
I'm not sure if this helps but i would occassionally get a pimple on my scalp and couldn't help but wonder if this was possibly an ingrown hair trying to come out as i'd never had pimples there before.

For me, however, any noticeable growth has been in the vellus hair form. They're small, thin, distinctively dark and progressively get longer :) Try run your fingers over the area see if it feels like a bit of a fuzz. That and pictures I have pre-propecia are the only indications I have...

MM

avi21

Established Member
Reaction score
hey mightymouse
i use minoxidil for 1 mouth and i have grew this fuzz you were talking about
how much time it's talk to this "hair" to be like other hair on scalp?
it's this possible that after 1 mth i regrew peach fuzz? isn't that to fast?
it's only in the left temple

mightymouse

Reaction score
Hey AVI,
I don't have an abundance of regrowth but the little vellus hairs I had , which also came on my left temple first also, probably took about 3-4 months if i had to guess to grow from vellus to longer hairs. I'm probably fairly close to a NW3.

As for time I had a little bit of fuzz around the 1-2 month mark but I'm only on propecia/nizoral, can't stand the thought of daily topicals yet.

MM

bubka

Reaction score
how long had you been on finasteride? then i can tell if you it could be regrowth of new hairs

i seemed to remember feeling smaller spiked hair within my hair during my regrowth

FunkTube

Reaction score
I had been on finasteride (1mg x day) about 5 months (with longish hair and i couldnt tell if much was happening) I felt these lil 'bumples' ill call them after i wan in finasteride a few months.....

I finally stopped taking finasteride bat the end of august for nasty sides, 2 weeks off, didnt notice/feel the bumps. I decided to get back on (at .5 x day)after a haircut and seeing a lot of scalp and wanting to do something about it...that was maybe a week ago i started back up,,,, sides are basically GONE, feel good, and the bumples are back...its gotta be related, i just dont know if its hairs and if i should be rolling them off pefore the hair can "sprout"