what is the proper dosage of Tretnoin compounded with Minoxidil

nagual

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, first, I want to say the original study that everyone points to here is not that strong. The study was done on 20 subjects(verrry small sample size), 7 of the subjects were assumed to be non-responders and out of those, 3 people ended up with sulfotransferase activity high enough to be considered responders. The study only lasted for 5 days and strangely enough, it turned one responder to a non-responder according to the sulfotransferase activity level. thought the details of the study were interesting to share.

Second, I am still hopeful that by up regulating sulfotransferase activity it enhances the response to minoxidil, and my doubts would be proven wrong with much more comprehensive studies with large enough sample size and long enough duration of examination.

here is my question, what do you all think is the best dosage for Tretnoin compounded with Minoxidil. Here in my country pre-made compounds are not available and the dermatologists are so ignorant they are still living in the 90s(I live in the third world, don't expect better). I have seen in Western products that 0.025% T dosage with Min is very common. Has any one had positive results with that? what percentage of Tretnoin mixed with Minoxidil would be your suggestion?

Last edited:

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say low as tret causes dry skin and requires moisturiser on the skin, I personally would just apply to thin regions using the cream 2-3 times a week as the irritation can eventually get quite extreme and cause hair to fall, the goal is penetration and skin turnover I believe kind of like micro needling.

Tret really is the cure for the collagen crisis minoxidil causes for many people, I suspect that alcohol and PG are also perpetrators of these unwanted sides.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never had any issues with tretinoin 0.01% but propylene glycol and the solution having a high ph really messed me up. Hyaluronic acid has no interaction with tretinoin and really hydrates the skin.