What Is The Problem With Coping And Why Is It Used As An Insult?

INT

Reaction score
Hi all,

In recent years there is an increasing amount of threads (not just on this forum) that use cope as an insult. Could someone elaborate on what exactly is bad about learning to live with your current reality? Is my definition maybe wrong?

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bluepilled thread, too much cope
But thx for the reminiscence, that word disappeared from this forum lately

INT

Reaction score
Well you're welcome, but IIRC, you are some kind of shrink IRL, right ? You perfectly know what a coping mecanism is then...and how bad it can be

Stalker alert. Just kidding. Yes certain coping mechanisms can be bad. But when there are guys here that are trying to accept their baldness, or simply saying that it is not the worst thing in the world, they get accused of being a cope. That is the part I do not understand.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stalker alert. Just kidding. Yes certain coping mechanisms can be bad. But when there are guys here that are trying to accept their baldness, or simply saying that it is not the worst thing in the world, they get accused of being a cope. That is the part I do not understand.

Some people just can't get it, myself included, yeah it's not the end of the world, but f*** it's the end of 'your' world as you used to know it.
In the end, i agree it's up to everyone to make up their decisions and live with those.

Deep inside, no one can be happy seeing himself balding, i don't buy it

xetrys

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope that one day I will cope in a healthy way. Quite a few guys (imo) can actually pull of a bald look and are quick to embrace it. However my head shape is messed up (non symmetrical, like a discount conehead), bad skin and I'm probably the whitest guy you've ever seen. Even with hair I looked way older than I was. It's everything together that makes it hard to cope.

Last edited:

INT

Reaction score
Some people just can't get it, myself included, yeah it's not the end of the world, but f*** it's the end of 'your' world as you used to know it.
In the end, i agree it's up to everyone to make up their decisions and live with those.

Well, I do believe that pretty much every bald person would prefer to have hair again if they could choose but there are definitely plenty of people that can be happy just fine while being bald. It is probably even the majority...