What Is The Name Of This New Fue Procedure

alex9222

My Regimen
Reaction score
One year ago , i was checking about hair transplants and i found a new type of hair transplant :
- First of all they do a small incision on your back ( this will remain the only scar you will have ) , they lift your donor skin and they took the hairs from under the skin ( instead of doing the traditional fue that leave you with scars all over ) with this system you don't get scars , but you get only a small space instead of hair ....

When i saw it , for me it was quite revolutionary, but i can't find how the doctor is called or how this procedure it's called , can you help me ?

I would like to go this route , cuz i really like shaving my head ( with razors ) and now , growing hair for 3 days i start to feel uncomfortable ( cuz now i started to love my bald head) , but i would like to regain some kind of hairline cuz i'm still relatively young ( 25 , almost completely nw6 )

Thanks

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
One year ago , i was checking about hair transplants and i found a new type of hair transplant :
- First of all they do a small incision on your back ( this will remain the only scar you will have ) , they lift your donor skin and they took the hairs from under the skin ( instead of doing the traditional fue that leave you with scars all over ) with this system you don't get scars , but you get only a small space instead of hair ....

When i saw it , for me it was quite revolutionary, but i can't find how the doctor is called or how this procedure it's called , can you help me ?

I would like to go this route , cuz i really like shaving my head ( with razors ) and now , growing hair for 3 days i start to feel uncomfortable ( cuz now i started to love my bald head) , but i would like to regain some kind of hairline cuz i'm still relatively young ( 25 , almost completely nw6 )

Thanks

This either sounds like something that doesn't exist or essentially is FUT. It isn't physically possible to extract individual grafts with only one small incision.

Also those "dots" are absolutely no different than scars visually. When people talk about FUE scars, the reason issue is the visible depletion of hairs, rarely that you have scars specifically unless the punch size was overly large and is damaging surrounding hairs also. If hairs are removed individually, you will see this at a low buzz.

If you love your bald head, maybe find a surgeon who is willing to do a conservative hairline and some basic coverage behind it, then do SMP, a temporary sort of tattoo to provide the effect of hair to give the illusion of hair which can also conceal the bare areas or scars in the donor.

alex9222

My Regimen
Reaction score
This either sounds like something that doesn't exist or essentially is FUT. It isn't physically possible to extract individual grafts with only one small incision.

Also those "dots" are absolutely no different than scars visually. When people talk about FUE scars, the reason issue is the visible depletion of hairs, rarely that you have scars specifically unless the punch size was overly large and is damaging surrounding hairs also. If hairs are removed individually, you will see this at a low buzz.

If you love your bald head, maybe find a surgeon who is willing to do a conservative hairline and some basic coverage behind it, then do SMP, a temporary sort of tattoo to provide the effect of hair to give the illusion of hair which can also conceal the bare areas or scars in the donor.
It's not FUT , it's a new kind of FUE transplant ...
They just do a small incision on your back ( 5mm x 5mm ) they lift your skin and they take your hairs from underneath the skin , in this way you can have transplant without scars ( i remember the doctor said that they are able to extract around 1000 grafts with a small incision) ....
Usaully a fue leaves scars , and i personally think that nowadays is it almost better fut ( with the trico closure you can cut even to a couple of mm , it's not the fut of 90s that lives you big scar , and in case you want to shave it , it's better visually than fue scars that looks like you are bombarded by mosquitos ... I'm talking in case you shave completely with razors not buzzed , in that case with a good surgeon fue is a very good option if you are not going to nw6 - nw7 .... )

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not FUT , it's a new kind of FUE transplant ...
They just do a small incision on your back ( 5mm x 5mm ) they lift your skin and they take your hairs from underneath the skin , in this way you can have transplant without scars ( i remember the doctor said that they are able to extract around 1000 grafts with a small incision) ....
Usaully a fue leaves scars , and i personally think that nowadays is it almost better fut ( with the trico closure you can cut even to a couple of mm , it's not the fut of 90s that lives you big scar , and in case you want to shave it , it's better visually than fue scars that looks like you are bombarded by mosquitos ... I'm talking in case you shave completely with razors not buzzed , in that case with a good surgeon fue is a very good option if you are not going to nw6 - nw7 .... )

I agree with your points on FUE to an extent, although FUT has greater risks of permanent donor shock loss and scar stretching also.

There no plausible way to extract 1000 grafts with a single 5mm x 5mm incision. 100% this is made up. What you're describing physically doesn't make sense in terms of the way grafts are extracted, and no matter what their removal from the scalp will leave a bare area which creates the mosquito dot effect you describe. What you're talking about is marketing, not reality.

alex9222

My Regimen
Reaction score
I searched , and i found the name of the procedure ... It's called piloscopy hair transplant and it's completely scarless and it's not a marketing hype .
It's an invention from dr wesley and they are doing medical tests for the FDA approval ( but they only now started with 300 extraction hair transpants , after 5 years ... )
Good news it leaves you with 0 scars , Bad news probably we will not see this procedure for the next 10 years ...

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I searched , and i found the name of the procedure ... It's called piloscopy hair transplant and it's completely scarless and it's not a marketing hype .
It's an invention from dr wesley and they are doing medical tests for the FDA approval ( but they only now started with 300 extraction hair transpants , after 5 years ... )
Good news it leaves you with 0 scars , Bad news probably we will not see this procedure for the next 10 years ...

Overhyped and physically impossible in my opinion. Just had a quick look into this and various patients who underwent the testing avoided posting any results which is a bad sign. Seems to have been hyped for a year or so and then dead in the water. Wesley focusing a lot on topical finasteride formulations, PRP and basic FUE now, realistically if this was all it was cracked up to be and viable for the average patient we'd have results after 5 years and those who underwent tests would be out there singing its praises, not hiding away.

And again, even if you can find a way to extract over 1000 grafts through only a 5mm x 5mm incision, once the grafts are removed the absence of hair in the donor is just as noticeable as the scarring. Scar or no scar, it will be cosmetically noticeable. I suspect there were other major risks involved which is probably why some of those that underwent a pilofocus test didn't come back to share results.

Jnix

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Without even looking it up, sounds like using specialized tools with maybe a small scope/camera? they can isolate follicles from the underside of the skin and remove them? In my mind it actually sounds plausible, but seems very specialized, highly technical procedure that as you said, will take MANY years to study, perfect, get approvals, etc.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Without even looking it up, sounds like using specialized tools with maybe a small scope/camera? they can isolate follicles from the underside of the skin and remove them? In my mind it actually sounds plausible, but seems very specialized, highly technical procedure that as you said, will take MANY years to study, perfect, get approvals, etc.

If it takes more than ten years (it's already getting close) chances are it will remain dead in the water. Like many upcoming treatments I suspect the biggest issue is the question of commercial viability for mass useage, as well as the cost of tweaking and going through trials. Unless its significantly better than current hair transplant treatment, can be used for megassessions and is cost effective it will never go anywhere.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i'm skeptical, how do they actually know that they are not transecting any grafts as they won't be able to see what they are doing. they'll be transecting grafts all the time, breaking up follicular units, etc.

here's a video on it, i'm going to bed now so i'll watch it in work tomorrow

apparently the surgeon behind it is reputable but we'll see... as others have said the fact there are no good results probably means this is a dead duck. = they were just extracting random bits of skin and transecting grafts.