What Is The Effect Of Smoking On Hair Loss?

bjtopgod

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used the Propecia for 10 months
But my hair loss is only slightly less than before taking Propecia(my hairline is still lossing)
And I have been smoking for many years
Is smoking bad for hair , or does it not respond well to the Propecia?
I'm from Asia,sorry for my English...

abcdefg

Reaction score
If anything its bad. If not for hair then your health. Its definitely not a good thing, but I have known Norwood 1 50 year old men that smoked packs of cigs a day very heavy smokers so I cant see smoking cause male pattern baldness directly. There are a few small studies that suggest smoking can influence male pattern baldness to some degree. I dont know how much stock I put in these results.

BlueHorseshoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve read a few studies on this and it seems like if you’re predisposed to male pattern baldness, smoking is likely to help speed up the process. If you don’t have the male pattern baldness smoking is only likely to kill you, not your follicles.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Smoking also contributes to periodontal disease. So, you can also now worry about losing your teeth (compared to nonsmokers) in addition to losing hair. Also makes you look old faster. Why destroy your health if you don't have to?

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
Smoking is notorious for being anti-vascular for the body. In no way is it helping your hairloss. On top of that it ages your skin worse than anything.

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it depends on your genetics and how sensitive your follicles are to smoking. I have a friend who's been smoking cigs since he was 16. He's 30 now and still a chain smoker. His hair is still the same, thick afro like. It's more on your genes. I think smoking rarely affects it