What is the current average price for Proscar 5mg?

Thin

Established Member
Reaction score
What is the going rate for 1.25mg of finasteride nowadays? I just paid $50 for a prescription of for 8 Proscar pills that comes with 6 future refills at MWC which gives me a total of 56 pills. My local WG told me that 8 tablets of proscar is $38. Total for all 56 pills would be $266. Is this too high? I was under the impression that with a prescription I wouldn't have to worry about it being fake and it would cost much less.

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Why don't you use generic medication? Proscar is going to be more expensive because it's a name brand.

A pay $10 for 8 5mg finasteride tablets.

Thin

Established Member
Reaction score
Where can i get 8 generic 5mg tablets for $10? The pharmacist at WG quoted me $27 for generic proscar.

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score
Thin said:
Where can i get 8 generic 5mg tablets for $10? The pharmacist at WG quoted me $27 for generic proscar.

Go to Costco if there is one by you. You dont need a membership to use the pharmacy in the majority of the states they are located in.

50 pills is about $35
http://www.costco.com/pharmacy/frameset ... le=PROSCAR

Also most Walmarts carry it for about the same price. Just tel them you want the generic equivalent to Proscar

Places like WG, Riteade and so on over charge for medication

Thin

Established Member
Reaction score
adolobe said:
Thin said:

Go to Costco if there is one by you. You dont need a membership to use the pharmacy in the majority of the states they are located in.

50 pills is about $35
http://www.costco.com/pharmacy/frameset ... le=PROSCAR

Also most Walmarts carry it for about the same price. Just tel them you want the generic equivalent to Proscar

Places like WG, Riteade and so on over charge for medication

Yeah I was actually looking around and found costco here has it online for less. It'll probably cost a little more in store.

I wonder of MWC would be willing to to call it into my local Costco or at least allow me to get my next 6 refills at Costco.

Thanks for replying.

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score
Should be same price in store. I just got Propecia from them and it was the exact same price listed on the website before the subtracted $60 from the coupon off propecia.com

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In my country 28 pill of proscar is about 11 euros...I think something like 20 dollars...and if u cut it in 5 parts...u can get 140 pills of 1 mg...:)next month I'll begin to take it...

beaner

Reaction score
The problem is with the prescription itself and not the price of the pills. MWC only writes prescriptions for 8 pills at a time for a month's supply (assuming you quarter them.) If you had gone to the doctor to get the prescription it probably would have been written to dispense 30 pills. You are going to pay the same price for the prescription whether it is 8 pills or 30 pills.

You need to get a prescription from a regular doctor and have him write it for 30 pills.