What Is The Best Way To Apply Minoxidil Liquid?

HeyThereNow

Reaction score
I know it seems pretty self-explanatory, but I don't want to use the liquid and find out in a few months time that the way I've been applying it has not given me the best possible results.

So I'm applying it to both my hairline and my vertex. In that case, should use more than 1ml at night and morning? Or should I disperse it evenly, 500ml each?

What is the minimum time that I have to allow between applying minoxidil? For instance, if I am unable to apply it first thing in the morning, can I apply it at 2pm and then again at 10pm?

Does the liquid have to make contact with every part of the scalp where there is potential thinning? Or can I simply apply it to the general area? In other words, how accurate do I have to be with the dropper?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tips to increase skin penetration

• Wash your scalp and get rid of sebum and apply shortly after on dry skin (wait too long and sebum starts being produced again)
  • Exfoliate scalp
  • Dermaroll

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tips to increase skin penetration

• Wash your scalp and get rid of sebum and apply shortly after on dry skin (wait too long and sebum starts being produced again)
  • Exfoliate scalp
  • Dermaroll

Sorry to sound primitive but how does one exfoliate scalp ?
Btw which size derma roller u use ?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to sound primitive but how does one exfoliate scalp ?
Btw which size derma roller u use ?

Just get exfoliating cream and rub it in hard in your hairline and scalp where there is hair. Not easy, but... get er done.

A dermaroller 0.5-1mm should be enough to help with penetrating the skin. I use 1.5mm though.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just get exfoliating cream and rub it in hard in your hairline and scalp where there is hair. Not easy, but... get er done.

A dermaroller 0.5-1mm should be enough to help with penetrating the skin. I use 1.5mm though.

Alright thanks I'll look for an exfoliating cream.
Regarding derma roller, I'll probably just buy all of the sizes aforementioned. Are you using like a quality derma roller? Cuz i saw those chinese ones on ebay for a few bucks each.

Edit: would this be ok?
m.ebay.com/itm/MIni-0-5-2mm-540-Titanium-Needle-Derma-Roller-Dermaroller-Skin-Micro-needle-/152029299587?nav=SEARCH

Last edited:

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright thanks I'll for an exfoliating cream.
Regarding derma roller, I'll probably just buy all of the sizes aforementioned. Are you using like a quality derma roller? Cuz i saw those chinese ones on ebay for a few bucks each.

I got this one:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00A7XLJIW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They're more or less all the same. Just make sure to clean it after use and spray it with alcohol or actually have a small container of isopropanol and dip it in.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score

Helly, how hard do you derma? Do you bleed or just make the skin red? Also once a week?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Helly, how hard do you derma? Do you bleed or just make the skin red? Also once a week?

I roll really hard to the point where I bleed (quite a bit), once a week, every week.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
And how long after do you apply minoxidil? Sorry you've probably posted this before..

I wash my hair first to get rid of all the blood. Then I wait until my hair is dry, so about 15 or so minutes.