What Is The Best Hairstyling Product For Hair System Hair?

What is the best hairstyling product for hair system hair?

• Gel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wax

• Clay

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Mousse

• Paste

• Pomade

• Spray

• other

• Total voters

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I am particularly interested in those suitable as well for longer hair as my hair is like 6 inches long. Waxes are very popular among men right now. Are they also good for system hair? For long hair? I guess it should be something that protects from UV rays and doesn't leave the hair dull and matt as this is what the hair will eventually turn into anyway as it ages. It needs to be something that adds shine, oiliness? Waxes and clays dry the hair?

Gel

Wax

Paste

Mousse

Pomade

Spray

Clay

Discuss please! What do you use?

I currently use spray and also some gel, because I bought Got2b Glued to test it as an adhesive and now have some leftovers.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no BEST product, the same question can be asked for your bio hair.

It's based more on the style. The one thing you need to do with hair system hair is to avoid products with lots of alcohol, as it dries out the hair. Otherwise, use what you want.

Fanjeera

Reaction score

It's based more on the style. The one thing you need to do with hair system hair is to avoid products with lots of alcohol, as it dries out the hair. Otherwise, use what you want.
Hairsprays have alcohol. All of them do, I think

Fanjeera

Reaction score

But there are also fatty alcohols like stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol and cetearyl alcohol (all components of Got2b which I use). Do they also dry the hair?

https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-products/all-about-alcohols

"
Fatty alcohols

This group includes Lauryl alcohol, Cetyl alcohol, Myristyl alcohol, Stearyl alcohol, Cetearyl alcohol and Behenyl alcohol.

These larger alcohols are typically derived from natural sources, and have 12 or more carbons per molecule (typically 12, 14, 16, 18, and 20). This higher amount of carbon content makes these molecules oilier (also referred to as ‘fatty’). For this reason, they are often used as an emollient in skin and haircare products. They give a smooth, soft feeling to the hair shaft by helping the cuticle to lie flat on the surface of the hair. However, if used in excess, fatty alcohols can combine with the natural sebum found on the scalp and form a sticky substance that makes the hair look greasy."

It seems like they might even be good for conditioning the hair?

Russianguy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm looking for the best styling product too. Thx for your post. I think that some leave-in spray which protects from the sun rays also could play role of fixing product. But I didn't find anything like this yet.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
But there are also fatty alcohols like stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol and cetearyl alcohol (all components of Got2b which I use). Do they also dry the hair?

https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-products/all-about-alcohols

"
Fatty alcohols

This group includes Lauryl alcohol, Cetyl alcohol, Myristyl alcohol, Stearyl alcohol, Cetearyl alcohol and Behenyl alcohol.

These larger alcohols are typically derived from natural sources, and have 12 or more carbons per molecule (typically 12, 14, 16, 18, and 20). This higher amount of carbon content makes these molecules oilier (also referred to as ‘fatty’). For this reason, they are often used as an emollient in skin and haircare products. They give a smooth, soft feeling to the hair shaft by helping the cuticle to lie flat on the surface of the hair. However, if used in excess, fatty alcohols can combine with the natural sebum found on the scalp and form a sticky substance that makes the hair look greasy."

It seems like they might even be good for conditioning the hair?
Sorry, Got2b actually has "Alcohol Denat" as the second ingredient, which is pure alcohol.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't use anything other than a leave-in conditioner.

For example:-
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ed-this-conditioner-cantu-shea-butter.122800/

I also use a spray on leave-in conditioner - Revlon Equave instant beauty (blue).

Both the products have served me well. The spray in particular seems to last long and I only need to use it once a day - twice if I want to or if I want to comb / re-style my hair again. It goes a little hard on the hair, so holds the style in place, and also leaves a good healthy shine.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Loreal makes one that doesn't there are a few out there actually

Kenra Professional Shaping Spray 21 is another one

Pantene also has an alcohol free hair spray.

As for adding shine and sheen to hair, both synthetic and human, I like this oil free product from Bonfi natural.

And for me, this glaze, pomade works best. Elasta QP Glaze plus.
Pics attached
20190709_004834.jpg
20190709_004627.jpg
20190709_004704.jpg

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where do you guys find these products?

I'm going to go to a beauty supply in the hood where they sell a lot of lace wigs and see what's popping there - beyond the beautiful women who work there ;)

I currently use a mild shampoo and regular hair conditioner - I should at least switch to one for color treated hair, right?

As far as for styling, LA Looks Gel no joke. Works beautifully.

I use Got2B (yellow) to glue down my hairline for the day. Works like a charm and washes out w water.

Fanjeera

Reaction score

Does phenoxyethanol dry the hair?It's in a lot products in the middle of the list.

I found a nice gel with it.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does phenoxyethanol dry the hair?It's in a lot products in the middle of the list.

I found a nice gel with it.

You can't really point at a single ingredient, you need to look at what else is in the product and where it sits on the ingredients list. I don't know the product in question, but it probably will contain ingredients that counter the potential effects of an alcohol.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
You can't really point at a single ingredient, you need to look at what else is in the product and where it sits on the ingredients list. I don't know the product in question, but it probably will contain ingredients that counter the potential effects of an alcohol.
The only alcohol it has is phenoxyethanol.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Should I be avoiding alcohol 91* on hair?

I've been using that as my adhesive remove since I started, have C22 coming the mail.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Moreover, should I be avoiding alcohol in gel?

I noticed w my new unit the softness of hair rapidly changed once I stated wearing. It looked great after the double shampoo I have it to get the factory funk out.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, there is no avoiding alcohol. You need to condition to counter any potential drying affects.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seriously. What a waste it was to get C22 to avoid alcohol. It works but leaves the system in a position where it needs to be washed.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seriously. What a waste it was to get C22 to avoid alcohol. It works but leaves the system in a position where it needs to be washed.

No. Obviously no one understood what I wrote. Yes, alcohol can dry hair. That's why you use products to add moisture back.

C-22 has no alcohol.
Ingredients. Organic Wetting Agents, Petroleum Hydrocarbons, Citrus Oils, and Lanolin.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it's overly oily junk (for me). Probably is hell on knots. Must be good for glue. This is absolute overkill for tape.