what is the best hair growth stimulant ?

fendertele

Reaction score
Need some help finding a hair growth stimulant if anyone can help me.

I cant touch Rogaine as i have bad dermatitis, i tried it and my dermatitis on my scalp and even my eyebrows where i hadnt even applied it got all red and crusty and i broke out in bubbly blisters.

I cant take Propecia as my Endo said my hormones are too all over the place to be taking it on top of my current medication and would most likely set back any progress he has made with me.

I have tried both tricomin and folligen and they felt great on the scalp but didint make much difference maybe i didnt use it long enough as i just used a bottle of each then never bought another.

Nizoral dries my scalp out too much even at one percent then my dermatits comes back with avengence lol and my scalp over compensates with oil and im itching and red all over.

So what else is available with what i ahve goign to use ? im willing to spend the money and even if its a long shot im willing to give it a go, so feel free to through any suggestions.

thank you

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like the substance called "NANO" would be a good option for you! Dr. Proctor says that it has a similar effect as minoxidil, without having nearly as many side effects as minoxidil. His products all contain NANO. He even makes a shampoo that focuses on it. It's called (appropriately): NANO Shampoo.

By the way, I've never read any medical evidence at all that the scalp "over compensates" to anything at all by making more oil. This is a subject I've spent a LOT of time researching over the years! Look at the last entry in my sig file below! :)

The Gardener

Reaction score
If Nizoral doesn't agree with your scalp, that might not necessarily mean you have to give up on Ketoconazole all together. It might be some OTHER ingredient in the Nizoral, besides the keto, that might be causing the irritation. Perhaps you might consider trying a different Keto shampoo such as Dr Lee's 2% stuff?

I just think its fairly crucial for an male pattern baldness sufferer to get some kind of Keto on their head. Not only for the growth accelerant perspective, but also from the perspective of yeast control.

fendertele

Reaction score
Bryan said:
It sounds like the substance called "NANO" would be a good option for you! Dr. Proctor says that it has a similar effect as minoxidil, without having nearly as many side effects as minoxidil. His products all contain NANO. He even makes a shampoo that focuses on it. It's called (appropriately): NANO Shampoo.

By the way, I've never read any medical evidence at all that the scalp "over compensates" to anything at all by making more oil. This is a subject I've spent a LOT of time researching over the years! Look at the last entry in my sig file below! :)

I'm not sure why but when i used Nizoral it dried my scalp out terribly 5-10 mins after getting out the shower my scalp would turn pink and id flake in all my usual dermatitis spots, but then within a few hours my scalp and hair would feel matted in oil.. and it took me a fewe months to figure out what was going on.

i then switched to baby shampoo, and though it doesnt wash my scalp as well, it didint strip the oil from my scalp as badly, so when i get out the shower i dont flake up and wouldnt get really oily but remain the same right up until i wash the next day.

But thanks for the Neno suggestion i had actually heard of the shampoo but not a topical treatment, so top man for pointing it out, does people have much success with it ? ill have a little search on here for some.

thanks again.

fendertele

Reaction score
i dont think theres an ingredient that doesnt agree with me, i just find any strong shampoos dry my scalp out, ive only been able to use baby shampoos and some tea tree oil shampoos.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
uknownhairloss said:
But thanks for the Neno suggestion i had actually heard of the shampoo but not a topical treatment, so top man for pointing it out, does people have much success with it ?

Not as much as with Rogaine, for the simple reason that NANO Shampoo is...just a shampoo that includes some NANO in it! :) I wouldn't expect it to be any more effective than if you used a shampoo that contains some minoxidil in it! It'll certainly help a little, but when you shampoo your hair, any active ingredients in the shampoo are on there for only a few minutes, then rinsed off (although the much greater absorption by fully hydrated skin is an important factor that needs to be taken into account here).

Dr. Proctor's main reason for having a "NANO Shampoo" at all was just to find a simple way to get _some_ extra NANO into your scalp, even if it's just from a shampoo. His main topical products (prescription Proxiphen, and non-prescription Prox-N) all contain NANO, and he's always suggested using NANO Shampoo along with either one of those, just to get a little more NANO in there. You could try those main products, too; because Proxiphen also contains minoxidil, I'd recommend that you stick with the cheaper, non-prescription Prox-N, maybe along with NANO Shampoo.

fendertele

Reaction score
i think im going to go the nano way.

i noticed betterlife have a similair product both topical and shampoo is it much weaker than dr pocs one ? also would maybe the wekaer version be better for me in the long run if i have a sensitive scalp ? rather than the more potent stuff.

thanks

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
uknownhairloss said:
i noticed betterlife have a similair product both topical and shampoo is it much weaker than dr pocs one ?

That's an issue that's been discussed and debated for YEARS: whether or not the competing versions authorized by Dr. Proctor really are "lite" versions as he claims they are, or whether they're really exactly the same (as at least one other person has claimed). I really don't know what the truth of the matter is.

uknownhairloss said:
also would maybe the wekaer version be better for me in the long run if i have a sensitive scalp ? rather than the more potent stuff.

Maybe. Could be, if you're pretty sensitive to it.

Wolfgard

Reaction score
Bryan
When you mention Nano do you mean Nanominox ?
If so, how do you know that it have less side effects than regular minoxidil ?
What kind of minoxidil are you using ?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wolfgard said:
Bryan
When you mention Nano do you mean Nanominox ?
If so, how do you know that it have less side effects than regular minoxidil ?
What kind of minoxidil are you using ?

I don't really know anything about a product called "Nanominox". When I say "NANO", I'm referring to 3-carboxylic acid pyridine n-oxide; that's a growth stimulant that Dr. Proctor uses in a lot of his products (Prox-N, Proxiphen, and NANO Shampoo). He seems to think very highly of it.

I don't use minoxidil.