What is Taking Follica So Long? Havent they been phase 3 ready for a while now?

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, again with the demoralization. Things are definitely better than 5 years ago. Something simple as minoxidil/needling is now confirmed to be a great treatment method, nobody was talking about this before.

And treatments are closer than ever:

View attachment 150195

That isn't correct.

But again its FT, all lies as always. Not even a simple excel spread sheet can FT get right without lying.

This is why FT is trash, they are never correct and outright lie.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We never had this many regimens in a phase 3 trial. Can it all fail? Sure, doesn't change the fact we're in a much better position than 5 or 10 years ago.
In theory maybe yes, but concretely no since the same sh*t was around 5 years ago and they all failed to deliver anything. So all that powerpoint progress could be an illusion. But I hope I'm wrong and I this thread is about Follica and I don't want to derail this thread :)

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is Follica 2021 realistic?

No, they haven't even started or announced a phase 3 trail start. They have/had plans on starting phase 3 this year, but we all know how this year is going already.

And then a FDA phase 3 clinical trails takes 1 - 4 years to complete, so even IF they started this year, it could be everything from (super optimistic) end of 2021 or 2025, and then plus time to analyze and get clinical trail approved and such. so we aren't even close.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, they haven't even started or announced a phase 3 trail start. They have/had plans on starting phase 3 this year, but we all know how this year is going already.

And then a FDA phase 3 clinical trails takes 1 - 4 years to complete, so even IF they started this year, it could be everything from (super optimistic) end of 2021 or 2025, and then plus time to analyze and get clinical trail approved and such. so we aren't even close.
I don’t know if this is right for physical things like their needle
You mean 100 new hair in a year? show a treatment that gives 100 hairs per cm2 and then I'll admit you are right, for now it's garbage and nothing else, and tsuji and stemson are fairy tales
What about 100 posts from you where you’re not whinging like a little b-arch.

I’d say there’s more hope for cloning than there is of you becoming a positive poster.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t know if this is right for physical things like their needle

What about 100 posts from you where you’re not whinging like a little b-arch.

I’d say there’s more hope for cloning than there is of you becoming a positive poster.
Cmon, dont you think your going a little too hard on the guy?

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was it ever confirmed whether follicas protocol consisted of just microneedling and minoxidil? Or are they also developing a new drug?

According to their website: http://www.follicabio.com/#in-office it definitely states: "CAUTION: Investigational device and new drug. Limited by United States law to investigational use."

So as per their quote it does say "new drug", do we know what this potentially is?

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Their first product (the one in trials) will definitely be Minoxidil + wounding.

It remains to be seen whether they will add other stuff in subsequent products.

Based on the fundamentals of their method, the intent was probably to find another drug all along. They've been learning a lot about how the skin works for years. They have probably been hoping another company would already have the drug (or at least have something in development/trials) once they figured out what they needed.

Follica has been chugging along for like 15 years on private funding. That's a long time. IMO the investors have probably been given more reason to hope for a payoff than the public has seen.

My guess is that several years ago the investors were getting antsy for some return on the investment. So Follica decided to go commercial with minoxidil + wounding. It doesn't grow a lot of hair but it will bring in some money while they continue the research.

finastride23

My Regimen
Reaction score
guys don’t you think that some companies like merk or rogain go and give them money to they stop researching?because this companies are making so much money from minoxidil and finasteride and if they found a cure they should close their company because there is A CURE
maybe there is a real cure but they don’t say to people!

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe there's a car that runs on water but the oil companies are suppressing it.

Conspiracy theories.

Finasteride and minoxidil have never been big earners for the companies. They were developed for other purposes than hair loss. They are still being sold for other purposes now. A big percentage of the original profits are already long gone to the generics. These drugs stopped being a high priority to the companies a long time ago. Decades.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe there's a car that runs on water but the oil companies are suppressing it.

Conspiracy theories.

Finasteride and minoxidil have never been big earners for the companies. They were developed for other purposes than hair loss. They are still being sold for other purposes now. A big percentage of the original profits are already long gone to the generics. These drugs stopped being a high priority to the companies a long time ago. Decades.
Exactly. They’ve been generic for a while now. As a business man that owns the research to a balding cure with real results, would you accept millions of dollars to stop? Nope, because you’d make billions with your solution

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Their first product (the one in trials) will definitely be Minoxidil + wounding.

It remains to be seen whether they will add other stuff in subsequent products.

Based on the fundamentals of their method, the intent was probably to find another drug all along. They've been learning a lot about how the skin works for years. They have probably been hoping another company would already have the drug (or at least have something in development/trials) once they figured out what they needed.

Follica has been chugging along for like 15 years on private funding. That's a long time. IMO the investors have probably been given more reason to hope for a payoff than the public has seen.

My guess is that several years ago the investors were getting antsy for some return on the investment. So Follica decided to go commercial with minoxidil + wounding. It doesn't grow a lot of hair but it will bring in some money while they continue the research.
It’s nice to read this / re-read dome facts.

I remember when they switched their comms from new drug to minoxidil and was initially disappointed.

But if Follica release a device that doesn’t need the same FDA approval as a new drug that is somewhat effective or makes minoxidil work better thats f*****g awesome.

Only the worst kind of whinging c__ts will call this a failure.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Edit:
So if Follica is planning to do a Phase 3 in 2021 (let's say they finish recruiting best case scenario middle of 2021) and this takes a year this won't be available before end of 2022 while they check their data and get FDA approvement.
Pretty disappointing for Minoxidil+Needles

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh yes! Five more years
Don't be so negative. There has never been so much drugs in phase 3 or in development, and researchers are discovering really potent and safe compounds that we might use before their approval ( ex: KY19382 ). Also, thanks to cancer research that discovered some molecules that act on Androgenetic Alopecia and that we can already use.
The future looks good but yes, we have to wait.

joely87

Reaction score
I’m not sure what to make of Follica, it’s been many years in the making, I’ve been coming to these forums for over 10 years and there was talk of it then! After a while you start to not get too exited over any of them as nearly all promising treatments never come to anything.