What is my best option?

Hitz

Reaction score
Hi there guys!, Im new here lately my hairline has been worrying me alot!.

Basically my dad including his 5 borthers are now bald, Im now 22 with a receding hairline (at the temples) I think i was born with the hairline but now getting worse. So i definantly know baldness runs in the family, So i need to stop this now before it gets worse!.

My hair seems to be in good shape atm as i dont seem to be loosing my hairs and i can run my hand through my head with no hairs coming out, My main problem is my hairline & its starting to get thin.

Im looking for the BEST products i can buy with no serious side effects im a healthy person with no alergies.

I have just bought Regaine but havent used it yet, Should i use this product or should i get something else.

Please help :woot:

Thanks for reading, Looking forward to some replys :D

terrapin12

Established Member
Reaction score
I would start with Rogaine. Just be sure to be consistent and use it 2x a day. Otherwise, don't be disappointed when it doesn't work.

Hitz

Reaction score
If i use it for 1/2 month with no change am i ok to come off it and my hair will be the same as it was before using it?

Mircalegro

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know why you'd drop minoxidil after 1/2 month, hair loss treatments take months to show resukts, and I hate to say it, but side the odds are stacked against you ( mph @ 22 with a family history) your best chance of halting or slowing loss would be finasteride. Im in the exact same situation as you and I wasted time trying alternatives first, but if you don't want to commit to finasteride (understandable) then the cheap route would be topical spironolactone 2x a day, nizoral shampoo 3x a week for 3-5 minutes each time and minoxidil 2x a day.
Even if you do.decide to start taking finasteride though, the nizoral and minoxidil would still be advisable

Hitz

Reaction score
Ye i think the regaine foam is the thing for me at the minute, I have been told that my dad was nerly bald by this age and ive had a look at some photos when i was younger 7/8 and my hairline is the same! mabey a tiny bit worse but thats life.

I shall give Regaine foam a try & i also will use some Alpecin C1 shampoo or should i use the nizoral shampoo?

Hitz

Reaction score
Ye, Is it worth trying regaine for a few months then start adding finasteride to my regimen? or start both together?.

Are the side effects common when using finasteride as they dont seem good!

Technical

Reaction score
A lot of people will tell you only 2% have permanent side effects after trying finasteride, but it's probably higher. It's not worth it. Do you want to risk being impotent the rest of your life for some hair? You really define yourself that much by your hair?

I do rogaine 1x daily plus nizoral twice a week. Might add Retin-A but not a lot of people use it, so it doesn't seem like it could be that effective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAZ3-t7v ... r_embedded