What Is It Like To Live In The Us? Really Depressed Here In Germany

Wispy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello Guys

I am 23 Years old and live in Germany.
I hate it.. I don't like Germans they are so cold and care only for themselves...On the other side we have so many Refugees here and they disrespect everything here.
I am Italian/Serbian Origin an feel like I am alone here.
I don't have many friends because I am so depressed and don't like their way of living life.
The only positive things in my life are watching American movies eat American food and so on..
I know I sound like a retard but this is the way it is.
I remember as a 12/13 year old I came home in the evening and watched American movies like collateral and comedy series like family guy, South park...
I really want to move to the USA..
But maybe it isn't like I think it will be..
Can you guys explain me how the life in the US is?
I really can't live here anymore..
Thanks

Not like the movies.

They're movies, for shits sake. They're there to give you a fun or fulfilling time. They're not reality. Not even documentaries get everything right.

You think Germany is bad? The US is fifty years behind, politically. No OrdoLiberalism here, that's pinko-commie sh*t. Be ready to pay out the *** for everything, from healthcare to commuting to eating to education, or surviving to get an education at a cc (and there's NOTHING wrong with a CC, do what you have to do to get ahead, but surviving while pursuing that can be tough) at best.

Nothing is universal, either, save the IRS, FBI, and Swat teams. Chains come and go. Cities flower and shutter on a turn of a dime. Crime comes and goes with the police season and most cops want to throw short-sighted tantrums these days than stuff it and adapt to political regs that come and go anyway.

Right now the North-centre of the country is dying, literally. Everyone is moving to the sunbelt for the most part, save for Seattle which is growing. Anything above SanFran-Dallas-Atlanta-Charlotte is living on borrowed time, until the weather down south turns to sh*t and people come back up again.

And we still have a lot of 'refugees'/migrants, they're just Vietnamese, Hmong, Caribbean, Mexican, CentralAmerican, South American. We got Somalis in MI. You don't like them in Germany? It'll be worse here.

Enjoy the Americana. That can be gotten anywhere these days. Enjoy the food, our chains are eveywhere. No need to come here for it. That's the beauty of globalization and the modern economic world.

Sounds like either you wanna go to Norway or somewhere in Eastern Europe or hey try Italy again, or maybe the answer isn't abroad but far closer to home?

Last edited:

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score

It's something like this. Maybe that's up your alley, Serb-bro.

Skip to 6:10

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
America is behind socially in a lot of areas but we’re less racist as a whole compared to other countries. Our biggest issue now is bad healthcare and a lack of taking COVID seriously enough

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
America is behind socially in a lot of areas but we’re less racist as a whole compared to other countries. Our biggest issue now is bad healthcare and a lack of taking COVID seriously enough
No you are not. Race is the dominant dimension in your political discourse and most people vote for candidates according to their race. There are endless discussions about quotas based on race and what are allowed or are not allowed as a person of gender x and race y. It's like a politically correct caste system where what you do matters less than the race you have been assigned to while you were doing it.
Both sides of the politcal spectrum are completely out of bounds on this subject and yes, there is like a sizable portion of people who put the old racist racial hierarchy on its head with African Americans being the superior specimen and white males being some sort of malfunctioning, opressive subhumans. But in anybody's eyes who is in their right mind, that's not the opposite of racism even if you arbitrarily changed the definition based on a lot of unproven premises. It's just inverted deeply racial thinking.

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everything is relative. People often confuse tourism and emigration. If someone wants to understand whether it will be better for you, then I recommend going there for at least six months. Perhaps this will open your eyes)) The country for me is not just a line in my passport. This is primarily an opportunity. The opportunity to find a good job, find good housing, send children to a normal school (let's not talk about private ones). My brother left for Eastern Europe because the Moneza gave him a soft loan to buy a house and a car. This is also an important factor when your family is more than three people.

Leaving the US because you got a loan in Europe sounds pretty stupid to me... You can get a good loan here too. I have got some good 3 month loans here, and I have never had any problems or difficulties at all. It was smooth, and those loans helped me a lot really

Last edited:

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
1604589845992.jpg

American performance art.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just find it sad that in the US, society is so obsessed with the subject of race. Why does there have to be so much political stuff evolving around race? I wish that we humans could just be more like Labrador Retrievers. The following quote summarises my thoughts:

105623742_10164497276125713_8656287713240400754_o.jpg

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
America is an empire in decline and is going through its last death throes, a militarized police force that is armed by the pentagon on its streets, the normalization and desensitization in regards to inciting political violence, mass incarceration of the population where under 5% of the worlds population holds 25% of the worlds prison population , political discourse and debate has been reduced to prepackaged sound bites and 2 minutes of hate, beneficiaries of hyper neoliberal capitalism are amassing more and more wealth while the population suffers from increased levels of wealth disparity and poverty. I guess you could say these symptoms are shown all over the west but in America it is staggeringly apparent. At the very least the menace which is Trump has been voted out and a typical center right Democrat has been voted in but that is certainly no remedy to Americas ails.

Last edited:

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello Guys

I am 23 Years old and live in Germany.
I hate it.. I don't like Germans they are so cold and care only for themselves...On the other side we have so many Refugees here and they disrespect everything here.
I am Italian/Serbian Origin an feel like I am alone here.
I don't have many friends because I am so depressed and don't like their way of living life.
The only positive things in my life are watching American movies eat American food and so on..
I know I sound like a retard but this is the way it is.
I remember as a 12/13 year old I came home in the evening and watched American movies like collateral and comedy series like family guy, South park...
I really want to move to the USA..
But maybe it isn't like I think it will be..
Can you guys explain me how the life in the US is?
I really can't live here anymore..
Thanks

I don't know because I'm Canadian and I've only been to the U.S a few times and those were all in the 90s, but it's really strange that you posted this because I was thinking about it recently because for some reason some "German ettiquette" videos showed up inexplicably on my youtube feed and I got this very distinct feeling that Germans are a cold, dour people who pretty much seem anti fun compared to people in Canada and from what I've see, the U.S

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just find it sad that in the US, society is so obsessed with the subject of race. Why does there have to be so much political stuff evolving around race? I wish that we humans could just be more like Labrador Retrievers. The following quote summarises my thoughts:

View attachment 150635

Because we're not simple animals, and frankfurt school indoctrinated radicals will use any means to leverage a shift in american society so as to destroy it and impose a socio-economic system that is guaranteed to fail...

Truthfully, 90% of the right wing edgeposters I know IRL have zero issues with individual people of any race, they'll take people as they come. I find mostly speaking people on the right want to be left alone. It's the people on the other end of the spectrum that want to obsess over race and use it as a stick to beat everyone else into submission with.

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think about those loan services these days? I need a loan, and I am scared of those, so I would like to get any tips here.... One of the services, loantik claims that they are safe and have good conditions, I think it is a really good option for me, and I am going to try it out soon. But maybe you can give me some advice too, that would be very nice!

Last edited:

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you should just pay more attention to the positive aspects of their character and behavior. For example, if they like American food and TV shows, then think about it more than about their bad sides of character. Recently, a friend came to me and he very much did not like our antique rugs, but he was so cool with telling jokes that I just did not pay attention to his dissatisfaction. The main thing is that my wife and I like our carpets.
Sounds like a f*****g cope. You should NOT look past negative traits of a country, if you make the consequential consideration whether you want to move there.

Notdifferent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hate to say this but social media destroyed the world. I have lived with it and and without and I can tell you the world was much better without it. No matter where you go, you will find that most people will care more about themselves than anyone else. Our world has become more narcissistic than ever. My suggestion is try to find people online who you can connect to and form some friendships with them. This forum has helped me find people like myself. Plenty of guys with BDD like myself that I can relate too. I think when you find people who are on the same wavelength as yourself you will feel more at home no matter where you live.
Destroyed the world sounds so extreme. I noticed that the older generation always says that it was better back in the day, that's just how human memory works and nostalgia takes over, people romanticize everything and only remember the positives. There's pros and cons to social media.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
noticed that the older generation always says that it was better back in the day, that's just how human memory works and nostalgia takes over, people romanticize everything and only remember the positives.
But it could also be true. Much less people felt the need to put a bullet in their heads back then, I feel like that's saying something.
And to be fair, my grandparents don't have particulary fond memories of being a child during WW2, or growing up in ruin cities afterwards. It's just a certain period of post-war boom they have in very good memory and probably rightfully so.

Likewise

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People are unhappy inside not out, not sure the look will change something. Few years ago I was good looking (not bolding) young man with tons of girls hanging around and good job. Was i happy?-Nope. I had so much alcohol every single night and a hangover every single morning. Now my lifestyle changed and my hair doesn't look the same, I have a loan from maybeloan to develop my own business. I do lots of sport and drink mostly water. I am much calmer and happier person then i used to be.

Last edited: