What is going on with my hair. Please advise.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
27 years old. My hair continues to shed and die-- despite all of my measures. Been on Duty for about 6-7 months now (after being on finasteride for 5 years). I also started oral min 5 months ago, and am still using topical as well. Im also on RU at HIGH doses. Sometimes 150 mg. Im micro needling. LLLT. Alfatradiol. Oral castor oil. The whole f*****g kitchen sink. Yet I still continue to shed endlessly. Am I just screwed? Any advice would help. Sorry for the rant

hair2stay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
27 years old. My hair continues to shed and die-- despite all of my measures. Been on Duty for about 6-7 months now (after being on finasteride for 5 years). I also started oral min 5 months ago, and am still using topical as well. Im also on RU at HIGH doses. Sometimes 150 mg. Im micro needling. LLLT. Alfatradiol. Oral castor oil. The whole f*****g kitchen sink. Yet I still continue to shed endlessly. Am I just screwed? Any advice would help. Sorry for the rant
This is way out of my league but maybe you have a diet issue. Maybe you need to up the biotin and collagen and eliminate yeast and sugar from your diet completely for at least two months. It will be the hardest thing you do but it may be the answer. I've see 10grs of good quality collagen a day change a head of hair. it may be a candida issue.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the only thing I can recommend as being safe and cheap is melatonin. i have 30mg (1%) in my pm topical. should help with shedding. i can't recommend other things i experiment with until i collect more data/see more results.
Do you have results with melatonin? Like a reduced shedding? Thanks

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is way out of my league but maybe you have a diet issue. Maybe you need to up the biotin and collagen and eliminate yeast and sugar from your diet completely for at least two months. It will be the hardest thing you do but it may be the answer. I've see 10grs of good quality collagen a day change a head of hair. it may be a candida issue.
I hope it’s the simple of a fix

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unless you have some form of Telogen Effluvium or combined hair loss, diet and biotin and special non-dandruff shampoos and hair vitamins are simply not going to have any effect one way or the other. I am all but certain that those aren't your issues but something is obviously going wrong cause you are on here all of the time and on many threads so you are putting in the research.

The problem as I see it is that you have pretty much an optimal stack for your protocol as a male. There's nowhere to go except sideways. The only thing that I really see is that maybe you need Keto or Selsun Blue for inflammation. I would also advise you to dump all of the experimental meds if your condition is continuing to worsen. I don't think that we have much of an idea about how RU or CB or alfatradiol work when combined with finasteride. Of the three, alfatradiol is probably the one with the most science but eh, it's nothing like estradiol even though they are technically analogs.

I am kind of stumped and that has happened a couple of times today with a person doing everything right and just nothing happening. We might consider trying massive dosing of finasteride or duta or both. I was formerly hopeful that topical estrogen on the scalp could be a solution and it might be worth trying. You won't regrow any hair but estrogen might have localized effects that work with finasteride for better maintenance.

Janey

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have no idea why the link multiplied to four of the same one. I tried to edit and there was only one link showing. I am having a lot of issues with the system on here the last couple of days.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unless you have some form of Telogen Effluvium or combined hair loss, diet and biotin and special non-dandruff shampoos and hair vitamins are simply not going to have any effect one way or the other. I am all but certain that those aren't your issues but something is obviously going wrong cause you are on here all of the time and on many threads so you are putting in the research.

The problem as I see it is that you have pretty much an optimal stack for your protocol as a male. There's nowhere to go except sideways. The only thing that I really see is that maybe you need Keto or Selsun Blue for inflammation. I would also advise you to dump all of the experimental meds if your condition is continuing to worsen. I don't think that we have much of an idea about how RU or CB or alfatradiol work when combined with finasteride. Of the three, alfatradiol is probably the one with the most science but eh, it's nothing like estradiol even though they are technically analogs.

I am kind of stumped and that has happened a couple of times today with a person doing everything right and just nothing happening. We might consider trying massive dosing of finasteride or duta or both. I was formerly hopeful that topical estrogen on the scalp could be a solution and it might be worth trying. You won't regrow any hair but estrogen might have localized effects that work with finasteride for better maintenance.

Janey

Thank you very much for the detailed write up. I tried topical estrogen— but it just seemed to accelerate shedding. It’s v frustrating. Until recently— I’ve been able to hide it relatively well, but I’m past that point now

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the detailed write up. I tried topical estrogen— but it just seemed to accelerate shedding. It’s v frustrating. Until recently— I’ve been able to hide it relatively well, but I’m past that point now
Well. Read the shedding link and let's see how your feel tomorrow. I am a big advocate of planning for sheds before they happen.