What is Follica?

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What is this 'Follica' people on this site keep banging on about, how is it different from HM? And what are the chances of 'it' becoming a reality, if it becomes a relaity when will the damn product be here?

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Follica is a company that is working on a hairloss treatment. They wound the scalp then when it goes to repair they put some shots of secret ultra something and it regrows hair. They grafted human skin on a mouse and it regrew hair. BUT human subject results haven't been released and should be currently testing. Should be out in 2009.

Here is their site:
www.follicabio.com/

Here is the MSNBC video on it:
http://tressless.com/2008/02/10/follica ... -on-msnbc/ [Couldn't find the direct Msnbc one... :/]

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply.

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
Should be out in 2009.
=======================

I very much doubt that.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
By it should be out in 2009, I was talking about the results for the human trial. Not the product itself.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Does this mean people are going to have scars and patches like those guys who how strips taking from the back of their hair and grafted on to the front?

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
They are just going to remove the top layer of skin, according to what they released. Not cut a huge chunk of skin.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Will the new hair which grows by DHT resistent and if not how long would it take the new hair to be destroyed by the hormone?

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
person said:
Will the new hair which grows by DHT resistent and if not how long would it take the new hair to be destroyed by the hormone?
:dunno: We don't know. I'm assuming it won't be. But having a second chance to keep you hair, even with finasteride is good, no?

Though if its making no hair, maybe there is some % chance that the body makes it DHT resistant? Hopefully this will be answered when the test it on humans.

bayday

Reaction score
i dont remember them reporting that "They grafted human skin on a mouse...." I was under the impression that they were performing tests on mice skin only. Where did you get your information that human skin was grafted onto the mice? Follica had a lot of financial backing now for this proceedure. One can only hope as we have been already

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score
*ALL* trials? Wow. Sounds strange to me; definitely possible, but you'd think that if they announced something so publicly like they did on MSNBC, that they would at least be knowledgeable enough to get some results. Like not even ONE hair?

Even rubbing minoxidil as described in their patent should've had SOME effect...

Edit: http://tressless.com/2009/01/22/cotsare ... t-follica/
http://www.citypaper.net/articles/2009/ ... e-research

Just 2 interviews a day ago with cotsarelis, but. I don't know what this means; If I remembered right the current trials weren't even on humans, so there couldn't have been "no results" as they could've easily repeated their mouse results from the MSNBC picture. Unless they're REALLY that honest about the efficacy, then I give them applause for integrity...

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score
Dudemon, I follow that thread quite religiously. Dr. Mercola isn't using Follica's method, as far as I'm aware. According to a guy/gal named "R" in that thread, Mercola's probably with this particular company called MaxLife or whatever. And yeah, I've seen that whole thing about his hair not being back yet, but we have no idea when the video was taken to when it was uploaded onto youtube.

As for the downed attitude of some of the guys on that thread, they're just whiny wusses who cannot get over the fact that science takes time. They assume wrongly that because Follica hasn't given them results from Phase 1 that it's a failure. They've got half a brain and not nearly enough hair to compensate.

So. I guess in summary... Naw, Follica's still going.

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh, no what i mean was the time difference from when it was recorded and when it was uploaded. I don't know whether it's like an instantaneous upload from a webcam or whatever. I doubt it, if it's for a commercial.