What is finasteride really doing to our bodies?

G

Re:

Pondle said:
dolomick said:
Paul December said:
You guys are so lucky not to be Women!
If you worry so much about a tiny dosage of finasteride, what would you do if you were on something like "the pill" or hormone replacement?! :shock: :)

Maybe you'd worry too if you couldn't keep an erection at age 29 when you're trying to have sex with a new girl that you really like - I've been off finasteride two weeks and the difference is like night and day. Furthermore, I don't appreciate your useless, insensitive, condescending post. :evil:

So you were having sexual side effects for 8 years? And now you're relying entirely on Rogaine? Man, that's in no way a long term solution. Low response rate, and a very modest and extremely temporary growth boost.
I don't see a viable alternative to an internal 5ARI drug, unless you want to slather on the smelly sprio everyday.
spironolactone isnt even a good alternative,It doesnt work.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
abcdefg said:
Yes sides and price would be considerations since really everyone must factor those into any decision. Im just curious what you think is the best treatment as of now.

Well, in that case, I can't really answer your question. I think Proxiphen might be the best single treatment (yes, I know it consists of multiple agents, but that's what makes it effective, since it's still considered a "single" treatment), but it's also very expensive. I don't know if it's the most cost-effective treatment. It has no side effects to speak of.

abcdefg said:
Is it worth waiting for something with less sides maybe an ascj 9 type of thing?

Dunno...

thinninglatino80

Reaction score
so then Bryan, should newbies to this whole thing (myself) be even thinking bout taking finasteride if we have the means to try something else?

abcdefg

Reaction score
I would be perfectly happy just maintaining but I think it might be a mature hairline and I dont want to risk turning a small problem into a big one. Atleast if I wait I will lose my hair very slowly over time which propecia will probably just do anyways.

ttroy

Reaction score
Re:

Pondle said:
dolomick said:
if you really want to hear some scary stuff go to http://www.propeciahelp.com
a bunch of people who have stopped propecia and are still having side effects. hormones are complicated, and finasteride messes with them. a little knowledge can be dangerous, after having sexual side effects i am off it.

I think the operative phrase is "a little knowledge". Some guys out there have serious issues with depression, paranoia, and frankly, limited intelligence... guys, correlation is NOT causation. The worst examples of the paranoiacs blame everything from flu to the Iraq insurgency on the "evils" of finasteride. :roll:

Oh? Perhaps you should check out the posted hormone testing results from people on/off it. I don't think especially gyno, the lack of morning erections or having peyronie's disease right after dropping a hormone and prostate altering drug is in anyones head but oh well..and getting all those problems after being healthy and looking at your healthy dick for quite a long time could make one depressed :innocent: