What is classed as regrowth?

bilbobaggins

Established Member
Reaction score
I have read many post on this site about it not being possible to get any regrowth with propecia...

I think this depends entirely on what is classed as regrowth surely. i have/had typical miniturisation in all the common male pattern baldness areas and also some diffuse thinning in places. What i'm asking is whether reversal of this miniturisation is classed as regrowth. I have had no regrowth on completely bald areas but i have noticed that the velous hairs i had on my temples are getting longer and thicker and filling in my thinning areas.

I caught my hair loss early and have only really noticed my thinning in the last 2 years. I have been on propecia for nearly 11 months now and use american crew copper peptides spray. I think alot of people class success of propecia as to whether is it can grow hair on balding areas, the very areas which miniturisation has almost run its course.

Another question...

how long does propecia stay effective, i am hoping the improvement in my hair continues and people say to wait 2 yrs for maximum result but when i reach 2 yrs is it going to thinning again just as quickly?

jc444

Established Member
Reaction score
bilbobaggins said:
how long does propecia stay effective, i am hoping the improvement in my hair continues and people say to wait 2 yrs for maximum result but when i reach 2 yrs is it going to thinning again just as quickly?

for me propecia remained very effective for around 6 years. After this my hairloss accelerated and I have since added dutasteride to my regime. But it varies from individual to individual. But from what I have read you can probably expect that propecia will help you significantly for at least 5 years, but most likely more.

antonio666

Reaction score
To bilbobaggins,those vellous hairs that have come back thick is defintley regrowth,since most of your follicles still produce very tiny unpigmented hairs even on severly bald men.I hope i have the sucsess you have had.

good luck and continue rehabilatating does vellous hais.