What Is Causing These Flakes On My Scalp?

Jane123

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have small white flakes in my hair, but I also have these big greasy kind of translucent flakes. The bigger flakes seem to peel directly off my scaIp. I don't know what the cause is- is it just dandruff, dermatitis, or could it be from minoxidil foam? Are there different treatments for each one or is just a good dandruff shampoo sufficient? Thank you!

Reaction score
I have small white flakes in my hair, but I also have these big greasy kind of translucent flakes. The bigger flakes seem to peel directly off my scaIp. I don't know what the cause is- is it just dandruff, dermatitis, or could it be from minoxidil foam? Are there different treatments for each one or is just a good dandruff shampoo sufficient? Thank you!

I have the same. Just the flakes are yellow.

jbrad

My Regimen
Reaction score
try a shampoo with ketoconazole it - it's good for treating fungal infections which it sounds like you may have - the scalp is sensitive so when you have a lot of stuff going on your scalp you can easily get inflammation and infections. Let us know how it goes.

Glamourei

My Regimen
Reaction score
It can be controlled with the proper treatment. Try to change the hair products that you're using. Try shampooing with a non-medicated shampoo, massaging the scalp firmly, and then rinsing well. Frequent shampooing removes flakes, reduces oiliness, and prevents dead skin cell buildup. If it doesn't help, try anti-dandruff shampoos is also helpful.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil gives me small white flakes