what is better for increasing topical minoxidil absorptiob; dermarolling or tretinoin?

jamesrav2

Reaction score
the conventional wisdom was that retin A or a hot shower before applying allowed for better penetration of minoxidil. My dermaroller broke and I was too lazy to order another, so I tried retin A and minoxidil instead (not daily, sometimes went days without). Not good to say the least. I think it's pretty well established that the channels created from derma-rolling are far more conducive to good penetration than retin A. That original India study on derma-rolling was quite a shocker.

Thor9

Established Member
Reaction score
If you are using foam minoxidil, switching to liquid should help since propylene glycol is a skin irritant and will allow for better absorption. Adding tretinion or retinol will also help even more.

I wouldn't use derma rolling as a method to increase absorption.

jamesrav2

Reaction score
If you are using foam minoxidil, switching to liquid should help since propylene glycol is a skin irritant and will allow for better absorption. Adding tretinion or retinol will also help even more.

I wouldn't use derma rolling as a method to increase absorption.
why not , that's the whole purpose of doing it. I think follow up trials of derma-rolling alone did little or nothing, so the 'hoped for' dream that the wounding was doing something good on its own seems to have been unfounded.