What is America's secret weapon?

HughJass

Reaction score
[youtube:j0762z75]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns_3VpOEkzM[/youtube:j0762z75]

Woodward: "This is very sensitive and very top secret, but there are secret operational capabilities that have been developed by the military to locate, target, and kill leaders of al Qaeda in Iraq, insurgent leaders, renegade militia leaders. That is one of the true breakthroughs," Woodward told Pelley.

"But what are we talking about here? It's some kind of surveillance? Some kind of targeted way of taking out just the people that you're looking for? The leadership of the enemy?" Pelley asked.

"I'd love to go through the details, but I'm not going to," Woodward replied.

The details, Woodward says, would compromise the program.

"For a reporter, you don’t allow much," Pelley remarked.

"Well no, it’s with reluctance. From what I know about it, it's one of those things that go back to any war, World War I, World War II, the role of the tank, and the airplane. And it is the stuff of which military novels are written," Woodward said.

"Do you mean to say that this special capability is such an advance in military technique and technology that it reminds you of the advent of the tank and the airplane?" Pelley asked.

"Yeah," Woodward said. "If you were an al Qaeda leader or part of the insurgency in Iraq, or one of these renegade militias, and you knew about what they were able to do, you'd get your *** outta town."

The Gardener

Reaction score
My guess is that he's referring to the new generation of drone aircraft that can closely surveil, and launch ordinance at targets... similar to the Predator, but the new generation can loiter over the target for days, instead of hours, as the previous generation was able to.

The only other thing I could think of would be a genetically engineered "designer" bioweapon. They've perfected bioweapons that only attack humans with certain pre-programmed genetic "markers". In other words, they have devised bio weapon diseases that can discriminate who they infect based on other genetic markers, such as very specific ethnic genetics. In laymans' terms, they can program a disease to ONLY attack, as an example, people with genetic features common to specific geographic areas or common to very specific ethnic groups. Those who the disease is programmed against get sick, and everyone around them remain impervious.

Do some creative googling and you can learn about the details. It's some sick sh*t, really inhumane and disgusting... but empires in decline historically tend to do inhumane things. The sick dog is the most dangerous to poke at, and this dog is not only sick, but he's also a violent pit bull. Expect the worst.

HughJass

Reaction score
OK, here's what the google turned up:

Nowhere To Hide -Killer drones that can see through walls.
For the last couple of days, in the Human Nature blog, I've been looking into a breakthrough cryptically reported in Iraq and Afghanistan: the ability of U.S. unmanned aerial vehicles to identify and track human targets "even when they are inside buildings.
http://www.slate.com/id/2200292/

Questions Swirl Around Woodward’s Terrorist-Tracking Revelation
According to experts, Woodward’s secret is something the Pentagon has already partially revealed, its “Clandestine Tagging, Tracking and Locating†program, or CTTL.

“It’s an array of new technologies that, among other things, are designed to track people from long distances or from above, without the targets realizing, thereby reducing risk to the trackers,†the Toronto Star’s Lynda Hurst reported.

“The cutting-edge devices use nano- and biotechnology to create sensors, tags and thermal, biometric ‘signatures’ of people, including ‘perfumes and stains,’ that can be loaded into locating devices,†Hurst wrote

http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?d ... =1&cpage=2

The Gardener

Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
Questions Swirl Around Woodward’s Terrorist-Tracking Revelation
According to experts, Woodward’s secret is something the Pentagon has already partially revealed, its “Clandestine Tagging, Tracking and Locating†program, or CTTL.

“It’s an array of new technologies that, among other things, are designed to track people from long distances or from above, without the targets realizing, thereby reducing risk to the trackers,†the Toronto Star’s Lynda Hurst reported.

“The cutting-edge devices use nano- and biotechnology to create sensors, tags and thermal, biometric ‘signatures’ of people, including ‘perfumes and stains,’ that can be loaded into locating devices,†Hurst wrote

http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?d ... =1&cpage=2
That's the one.

Nasty stuff. This is the EPITOME of fourth generation warfare. The Chinese thought that they would be the masters of fourth generation warfare by exploiting networks and the electronic infrastructure... WRONG. Electronic infrastructure be damned... this technology exploits the victims' GENETIC infrastructure and uses it to coldly and calculatingly KILL it off.

What a horrible future this portends if this becomes the ways and means in which humans conduct conflict resolution. Not to mention how such technology could be deployed if in the hands of a 21st century tyrant.

CCS

Reaction score
In the right hands, such ability to take out leaders can allow us to win wars with little blood shed. When we do this to other countries, it is good. If it is used for political reasons in our country, it is bad.

HughJass

Reaction score
You mean like negotiations? :whistle:

Anyways, there are already plenty of technologies that reduce the likelihood of really massive casualties taking place in a conflict and they're already abused by nations that own them. I don't see how that could change anytime soon. The more toys governments have the more they want to try them out, more unnecessary conflicts will be provoked and created.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Cassin said:
Anything that resolves conflicts with minimal blood shed is a good thing.

Yeah just as long as its us who has these technologies. :whistle:

CCS

Reaction score
Cassin said:
Anything that resolves conflicts with minimal blood shed is a good thing.

Better for us, but I'm sure if someone does not like being bossed around, they'd like to be able to fight, and not just be disorganized. If we are in the right, this is good. But I doubt it will p*ss some people off any less.

If we are going to invade, we might as well just get their leaders. I just hope we don't use this to micromanage other countries. We should only control them if they are trying to kill people, but we should not affect their politics much more than that.

HughJass

Reaction score
a bit more I came across:

Why do I think this is the technology Woodward is referring to? Well, first, because it pretty much fits the bill, in terms of the type of capability he appears to be talking about. It has involvement from a number of players, including the Defense Advanced Research Project Agency and Special Operations Command. Also, the Defense Science Board has talked about this capability in similar terms, saying "the global war on terrorism cannot be won without a ‘Manhattan Project’-like TTL [tagging, tracking, and locating] program."
http://blog.wired.com/defense/2008/09/w ... milit.html

the special operations command presentation is here, detailing what they were trying to do
http://blog.wired.com/defense/files/Richardson_Continuous.pdf

Nanotechnology
Clandestine Devices
High Functional-density Devices
Self-organizing, Self-deploying Devices
Processing and Communications
Energy Harvesting
Biotechnology
BiomimeticDevices for Detection and Identification (ID) at Long Distance
Bio-based Devices for Detection and ID at Long Distance
Taggantsfor Biological Signature Amplification, Translation
Natural Signature Detection and ID
Chemistry
Signature Enhancing Taggants
Chemical/Biochemical Sensors for Natural Signatures

I wonder if that means they have already made nanobots?

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
Human race is doomed.

We'd be lucky to get "The Road" As our future.. But I doubt even that.

s.a.f

Reaction score
'The Road' ???? :dunno:

CCS

Reaction score
What is America's secret weapon?
homer_simpson.jpg

CCS

Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
When we do this to other countries, it is good

scary....

Hey, I did not write that. You changed the quote. I wrote: "If we are in the right, this is good." I was refering to killing their leaders instead of declairing war, not using biowarfare.