What if you run out of Duts??????

desperateDavid

Reaction score
What would happen if you found you had run out of Dutasteride and couldnt get any for a week or more? Would all the days you spent popping pills be wasted or could you just continue after 2 weeks where you left off?

Would taking Proscar as a substitute be any good until the Dutas arrived?

i'm getting a bit stressed as i'm down to 5 days supply and my f*****g Dr reddy's havent turned up yet but i still have a strip of Proscar.

Also, how does everyone decide which dose is best for them? surely with the long half-life of dutasteride 1 every 2 days should inhibit the same amount of DHT as 1/day.

i wont bad mouth the online pharmacy in question just yet, as i'm sure they'll arrive tomorrow. well, i f*****g hope so!!!!!

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
desperateDavid said:
What would happen if you found you had run out of Dutasteride and couldnt get any for a week or more? Would all the days you spent popping pills be wasted or could you just continue after 2 weeks where you left off?

Don't be silly. The long half-life of dutasteride is PERFECT for just such an occasion as what you describe above. Don't worry about a 1 week or even a 2 week lapse.

desperateDavid said:
Also, how does everyone decide which dose is best for them? surely with the long half-life of dutasteride 1 every 2 days should inhibit the same amount of DHT as 1/day.

HUH?? That doesn't even make any sense. The amount of 5a-reductase inhibition that you get with dutasteride is PROPORTIONAL TO THE AMOUNT OF THE DRUG IN YOUR BLOODSTREAM. Taking a dutasteride capsule every other day will give you a blood level that's only half of what you'd have if you took it every day (actually, slightly LESS than half, thanks to the nonlinear elimination characteristics of dutasteride).

plusryan

Established Member
Reaction score
buy more? get a job then buy it? steal it? ... Hold Glaxo ransom?