What I Will Never Understand.... (does Anybody Know??)

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure neanderthals were bald? I never read that, source?
Why are hunter gatherers of today all fullheads then?

Balding at a young age is really not a modern flaw, the fact that in ancient Egypt, Roman empire, ancient Greece people were balding is mentionned in many writings.

Also people didn't really have a long lifetime expectancy, at 30 you were already considered like an old and wise man back then.To compare, average worldwide lifetime expectancy back in 1950 was 45 years....

Last but not least, some primates suffer aswell from Androgenetic Alopecia, and they were on this planet way before us...so yeah it might be a really old disease

You won't find any sources about neanderthals balding mainly because of the era, prehistory is actually well named, no wrintings back then...and as genetic still doesn't know how to clearly identify all genes involved in Androgenetic Alopecia for sure...well it's basically fucked and most importantly, nobody gives a flying f*** about that and they are right

Last edited:

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Balding at a young age is really not a modern flaw, the fact that in ancient Egypt, Roman empire, ancient Greece people were balding is mentionned in many writings.

Also people didn't really have a long lifetime expectancy, at 30 you were already considered like an old and wise man back then.To compare, average worldwide lifetime expectancy back in 1950 was 45 years....

Last but not least, some primates suffer aswell from Androgenetic Alopecia, and they were on this planet way before us...so yeah it might be a really old disease

You won't find any sources about neanderthals balding mainly because of the era, prehistory is actually well named, no wrintings back then...and as genetic still doesn't know how to clearly identify all genes involved in Androgenetic Alopecia for sure...well it's basically fucked and most importantly, nobody gives a flying f*** about that and they are right

Nonsense, Greeks and Egyptians could grow well over 60, a lot of royals did. The low life expectancy in medieval ages and antiquity comes from high child mortality. All bald men I know from history were well over 40, feel free to prove me wrong.

I know of chimpanzees with alopecia totalis over developped muscles,but that is some clearly identified genetic disorder. Is that what you are talking of?

So there is no evidence of balding neanderthals is what you are saying. Archeology could have answered that question..some bald caveman in ice or something.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nonsense, Greeks and Egyptians could grow well over 60, a lot of royals did. The low life expectancy in medieval ages and antiquity comes from high child mortality. All bald men I know from history were well over 40, feel free to prove me wrong.

I know of chimpanzees with alopecia totalis over developped muscles,but that is some clearly identified genetic disorder. Is that what you are talking of?

So there is no evidence of balding neanderthals is what you are saying. Archeology could have answered that question..some bald caveman in ice or something.

Androgenetic Alopecia has been found in chimpanzees, macaques, mice, uakaris, and very rare cases of lions.

And no, perfectly conserved cavemen in ice are in movies.
Anyway, we won't find any answer to that, like i said, no one gives a flying f***, and environemental factors like pollution, stress and...gluten ?! Nonsense

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Androgenetic Alopecia has been found in chimpanzees, macaques, mice, uakaris, and very rare cases of lions.

And no, perfectly conserved cavemen in ice are in movies.
Anyway, we won't find any answer to that, like i said, no one gives a flying f***, and environemental factors like pollution, stress and...gluten ?! Nonsense

Oetzi likes to differ.

Try growth hormones, plastic, x and stress. I suspect some unknown cross mechanism there, but yeah stress alone has been shown to be a major factorin premature baldness.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Screenshot_20180920-110436.jpg

https://the-scientist.com/news-opin...7335239&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

Chromedome1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What I will never understand is why hair on a man's head is so important to women. The fact is that there are plenty of guys who look fine with a bald or shaved head. Homophile men would agree to this too. Everywhere we go we're told that what makes a man attractive is his sense of self, his sense of purpose, the way he carries himself, his confidence and, more concretely, whether he takes care of himself, how much money he earns and his status. But my experiences show that none of these matter like hair. I've been reading a book that told me that the most dominant men are the ones that can get married. Here, dominance refers primarily to a person's position in society. Why, then, is all of this wrong? Why does baldness ruin this whole hierarchy and structure of male attractiveness? What is so wrong with baldness that it's the biggest deal breaker there is and that only height can overcome it? It does not and never has made sense to me. There could be 2 guys of equal height. One bald guy could be in great shape and look great bald while earning good money and everything. The other could be a NW1 who doesn't have a good hairstyle, earns above average but not amazing and - definitively speaking - looks worse than the bald guy. And yet the NW1 will be chosen every time. Why does this happen and how can the rule of dominance really be violated just because of hair loss? It continues to elude me.
My take on it is that hair frames one's face and without that frame something just naturally looks "off". Beyond that though, it's also a part of your identity, and your hairstyle says a lot to people you encounter on a daily basis. As ignorant as it is, people tend to associate baldness with disease or sickness, and probably explains why so many people are repulsed by baldies. Having hair period gives you a huge edge over someone who's bald/balding, in every aspect of life.

Javell

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll tell you what the new research tells about current trends in lookism:
1. Women care more about you being thin than buff.
2. Women prefer partners with a young looking face (hair included ofc) for a relationship.
3. Women like lean muscles and not fate beefcakes who participate in Arnie's strongman competition.
4. I'm talking about women from their late teens to mid 20s.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
even women in their early - mid 30's seemed to be into the young slender man look where i am from.
i remember when i was 16 - 19i had a part time job where the staff were mostly women in their late 20's - early 40's. a lot of them especially the ones with bald/fat husbands made no secret of the fact they wanted to sleep with me. it's the old "pool boy" tale over again.
my friend worked as a delivery driver aged 18 - 22, he was a pretty boy with blonde hair, really young looking (even a little girly) but he was built well, but the number of women who invited him in for sex when their husbands at work was amazing.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
even women in their early - mid 30's seemed to be into the young slender man look where i am from.
i remember when i was 16 - 19i had a part time job where the staff were mostly women in their late 20's - early 40's. a lot of them especially the ones with bald/fat husbands made no secret of the fact they wanted to sleep with me. it's the old "pool boy" tale over again.
my friend worked as a delivery driver aged 18 - 22, he was a pretty boy with blonde hair, really young looking (even a little girly) but he was built well, but the number of women who invited him in for sex when their husbands at work was amazing.

Why is this world such a shitshow, I wanna check out.

freebiefan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't think of a reason why going bald would be an evolutionary advantage. The vitamin D theory is good, but why would it happen much more often with older males and not to males going through puberty? Samurais would shave the top of their head because otherwise their helmets were too hot. But they would shave, not naturally bald, and Japanese are not as prone to Androgenetic Alopecia.

To the public, baldness looks like a sickness subconsciously. Like how dark eyes under your eyes are a sign of kidney failure. It would be interesting to question every person with Androgenetic Alopecia about their health history, maybe we'll find a pattern. I've always had doctors tell me I have high cholesterol, and get the flu every year during winter.

vinn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because a head without hair is like a painting without a frame.

vinn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People on other forums called me crazy for saying hair is 50% of a man's looks.

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
why do we find people with high set, big cheekbones attractive, why people with symmetrical faces?

the feature itself is useless - you cant run faster bc of your symmetrical cheekbones...

the answer is...

because its a marker for good genetics, health and physical development

scientist already found genetic links between hairloss, heart diseases and infertility - sth that a woman dont want for her offsprings

Yoadrian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
t
Its very simple actually, because it is one thing that just appeal on all the other.

Take for example a girl, and she has very hot body, big tits, great ***, great hair, and she is even smart, nice and good person.
BUT, she has a freakisly big *** ugly nose. Will you date her? Probably not, because this one thing just makes all the other not matter, you will just look at her nose and say, "damn, move this sh*t away from me"

Of course the difference is that she can fix it, while bald guys can only sit home alone and cry.
hought that said "white" bald guys sit home and cry.....just found that funny...... Black guys dont because 80 percent of them look just fine bald

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
why do we find people with high set, big cheekbones attractive, why people with symmetrical faces?

the feature itself is useless - you cant run faster bc of your symmetrical cheekbones...

the answer is...

because its a marker for good genetics, health and physical development

scientist already found genetic links between hairloss, heart diseases and infertility - sth that a woman dont want for her offsprings

Just because 100000000 people said this doesn't mean this is true.
Ask any girl why you selected the guy,she will attribute her decision on looks,height,career,personality,nature.

Have you ever seen girl rejecting a boy just because his father suffering from heart disease or his mother suffering from breast/uterine cancer?
Only skin diseases family history are verified concerns that can stop a person from selecting already qualified to be boyfriend/husband material.

Even heart disease patient don't care of their heart diseases,why would a young girl of 25 year would think of such outcomes in her baby..

Derminator

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're completely missing the point. We subconsciously link good looks with health/good genetics. That's why a pale bald guy looks like he is sick or has cancer, while he can be the healthiest person in the room.

That a good-looking male can be unhealthy and have a million genetic deficiencies is besides the point, we only see what's on the surface and make assumptions based on that.