What Have People Had Success With Getting Rid Of The Itch

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
cetirizine 1% (10mg/mL) in ethanol 96º has eliminated my itch in like 90%.
I know there is likely degradation, but it's not complete neither fast and I keep my batches at 4ºC.
I also don't think desloratadine works, because it has been reported that the anti PGD2 activity of cetirizine is not due to its anti histamine properties. The mechanism is unknown.
Users like @Ramsey have managed to acquire some pure powdered cetirizine and only add ethanol at the moment of application.

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
cetirizine 1% (10mg/mL) in ethanol 96º has eliminated my itch in like 90%.
I know there is likely degradation, but it's not complete neither fast and I keep my batches at 4ºC.
I also don't think desloratadine works, because it has been reported that the anti PGD2 activity of cetirizine is not due to its anti histamine properties. The mechanism is unknown.
Users like @Ramsey have managed to acquire some pure powdered cetirizine and only add ethanol at the moment of application.
Where can you get pure cetrizine?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I put generic cetirizine pills in a coffee grinder, add ethanol, mix well and wait 24h at 4ºC for all the insoluble components to pile up at the bottom.
I live in Peru and know that there's 100% chance it will be confiscated by customs.
If you think this will not happen to you, any supplier will do:

http://www.powderchemical.com/99-pure-cetirizine-hydrochloride-powder-supplier/
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...ml?spm=a2700.7724857.main07.13.42eb4c7ahyxbSO

etc
I’ve just kinda done it ghetto style and taken children’s liquid cetrizine hrydrochloride and put it in 5% minoxidil and in my shampoo

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve just kinda done it ghetto style and taken children’s liquid cetrizine hrydrochloride and put it in 5% minoxidil and in my shampoo
I remember that jamesbooker1975 was using the pediatric liquid version, but directly, and not diluted, if I recall correctly

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My solution was very simple. Medical shampoos that you can buy on a pharmacy/drugstore. They don't have sulfates, it got rid of my male pattern baldness and Minoxidil itches. If you suffer dandruff try ant dandruff ones too, but use them as advised and mix it with a shampoo for sensitive hair.
could you offer a specific brand please?

integra

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this more red meat, or can you still do seafood?

Luckily not much into seafoods except for some fishnchips, but no seafood doesn't accelerate inflammation, atleast for me. Red meat once a week is like ok for me, I go berserk at those times with beef . Avoid deserts at all costs man, just some fruits that's it and green tea helps a ton. Moral of the story, eat healthy , you stay healthy.

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Luckily not much into seafoods except for some fishnchips, but no seafood doesn't accelerate inflammation, atleast for me. Red meat once a week is like ok for me, I go berserk at those times with beef . Avoid deserts at all costs man, just some fruits that's it and green tea helps a ton. Moral of the story, eat healthy , you stay healthy.
Thanks for the insight buddy

clarence

Reaction score

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Itching not related to hair loss, according to Rassman

"I am not certain if there is a true relationship between itchy scalp and hair loss."

"Some people say they get an itching sensation when they are losing hair, but there is no connection that I can make that link the two. Sorry!"

´
source:
https://newhair.com/baldingblog/2006/04/28/scalp-is-itching-but-not-inflamed-or-red/
https://newhair.com/baldingblog/2007/10/19/constant-scalp-itching-in-the-crown/
And yet so many people on here say they experience the exact same thing I do and describe it unanimously the same

clarence

Reaction score
And yet so many people on here say they experience the exact same thing I do and describe it unanimously the same

Well, do they have 50 years of medical practice? I mean, Rassmann is one of the most knowledgeable hair doctors in the world, right?

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i only started having this bad itch when my hair started falling out.
and then when i started on finasteride, the itch went away.
is it a big co-incidence, for me and thousands of other people; practically every one of us on these boards?

i think what Rassman is saying is that a scalp itch doesn't 100% mean you have male pattern baldness (just like you might get an itch on any other part of your body, say due to a rash).

also it seems a bit strange to say "because we don't know why male pattern baldness would cause an itch, means it doesn't happen". we don't know hardly anything about ultimately why male pattern baldness happens, an itch could happen for any reason. perhaps the same thing that damages follicles, stimulating the nerve endings in the follicle that sense hair movement for one.
Probably he is saying "I can't say that yes, an itch is due to male pattern baldness, because it hasn't been proven and it would be bad medicine to say something that hasn't been proven"

abcdefg

Reaction score
i only started having this bad itch when my hair started falling out.
and then when i started on finasteride, the itch went away.
is it a big co-incidence, for me and thousands of other people; practically every one of us on these boards?

i think what Rassman is saying is that a scalp itch doesn't 100% mean you have male pattern baldness (just like you might get an itch on any other part of your body, say due to a rash).

also it seems a bit strange to say "because we don't know why male pattern baldness would cause an itch, means it doesn't happen". we don't know hardly anything about ultimately why male pattern baldness happens, an itch could happen for any reason. perhaps the same thing that damages follicles, stimulating the nerve endings in the follicle that sense hair movement for one.
Probably he is saying "I can't say that yes, an itch is due to male pattern baldness, because it hasn't been proven and it would be bad medicine to say something that hasn't been proven"

Yeah I love when people are quick to say this is or is not when 99 percent of everything dealing with male pattern baldness is a giant mystery. If you have no idea how something works how can you say what is or is not possible?
IMO some men with male pattern baldness have more of an immune response than others. The male pattern baldness itch is androgens triggering the big sequence of events that leads to your immune system attacking your hair follicles. Some men dont have the same immune response. Just like in some men they get allergies while others dont react to the same allergens just like men going bald to DHT vs others that are immune. We dont know why.
We dont know of a connection between the itch and male pattern baldness YET. There is a lot we dont know about male pattern baldness YET. It changes every year as we find out more.

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I love when people are quick to say this is or is not when 99 percent of everything dealing with male pattern baldness is a giant mystery. If you have no idea how something works how can you say what is or is not possible?
IMO some men with male pattern baldness have more of an immune response than others. The male pattern baldness itch is androgens triggering the big sequence of events that leads to your immune system attacking your hair follicles. Some men dont have the same immune response. Just like in some men they get allergies while others dont react to the same allergens just like men going bald to DHT vs others that are immune. We dont know why.
We dont know of a connection between the itch and male pattern baldness YET. There is a lot we dont know about male pattern baldness YET. It changes every year as we find out more.

Yeah man you're spot on this. Pgd2 blockade only works in 70% of patients, follicum's drug works in 75%, replicel had a group of patients with minimal responses..... It's more like it's a group of diseases with a somewhat similar presentation but different underlying mechanisms. I'm a DM (diffuse motherfucker) and I see it a very different animal from classical patterned Androgenetic Alopecia.