What Has Hair Loss Done To Your Social Lifestyle?

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
-I always wear a hat whenever I go out, even inside the malls, bus, or going for a walk
-I avoid going out on dates, friends get-together, class reunions etc.
-I always bring a small comb and pocket mirror and stealthily fix my hair where no one can see (in comfort rooms etc.)
-I never play sports anymore like basketball, etc. coz when I sweat, my hair looks disgusting and distracting
-I lost interest in fashion anymore. I never want to buy a new shirt, pants, shoes etc. as I'm convinced that no matter how good I dress, if my hair is f*cked up it has no sense. I just wear what I have.
-I avoid talking to my relatives if there is a chance, and only have little conversations when I'm with them, not like the way I used to.
-I became insecure and not post or update my profile picture on social media anymore. Last time was in 2016
-I avoid instances where they will be taking pictures with me on it, unless I have a cap
-I don't wanna meet new girls anymore, until I grew my hair back on top and my thinning top becomes black again.
-I avoid sunlight and any bright lights in any instances
-I hate strong winds, outdoor fans, open car windows where I sit, again unless I wear a cap
-basically I avoid any social activities even with my family like going on vacation, beach etc. F*ck hair loss

How's yours?

shookwun

Reaction score
asides from avoiding all water related activities, and relationships I would say nothing.

Wait.... clubs, and formal events where you cannot wear a hat.

became a huge hat prisoner, which eventually led to a comb over.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Damn I have been gone for a while. I thought I remembered shookwun's hair situation was pretty good.

Having shitty hair definitely takes some of the fun of going out.

Guzam

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
-I always wear a hat whenever I go out, even inside the malls, bus, or going for a walk
-I avoid going out on dates, friends get-together, class reunions etc.
-I always bring a small comb and pocket mirror and stealthily fix my hair where no one can see (in comfort rooms etc.)
-I never play sports anymore like basketball, etc. coz when I sweat, my hair looks disgusting and distracting
-I lost interest in fashion anymore. I never want to buy a new shirt, pants, shoes etc. as I'm convinced that no matter how good I dress, if my hair is f*cked up it has no sense. I just wear what I have.
-I avoid talking to my relatives if there is a chance, and only have little conversations when I'm with them, not like the way I used to.
-I became insecure and not post or update my profile picture on social media anymore. Last time was in 2016
-I avoid instances where they will be taking pictures with me on it, unless I have a cap
-I don't wanna meet new girls anymore, until I grew my hair back on top and my thinning top becomes black again.
-I avoid sunlight and any bright lights in any instances
-I hate strong winds, outdoor fans, open car windows where I sit, again unless I wear a cap
-basically I avoid any social activities even with my family like going on vacation, beach etc. F*ck hair loss

How's yours?

Edited post because too much negative rant. Let me just tell you that all you wrote, I feel and do too, except the hat and the relatives thing, but I would be a hat prisoner too if it were socially acceptable here. I am a wrecked shell of what I would be without this disease. Peace.

Last edited:

azzmeister77

Reaction score
It obliterated my social life.

Complete and sudden hairloss was not something my friends and family were willing to accept.

I'm a complete loner now and will be for my forseeable future.

Such is life.

diseasedrat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
similar -

would always wear a hat
would wear toppix and hair spray to any formal event, though I knew it looked like trash
no swimming, avoid sweating, avoid relationships and even hanging out with certain friends.

I shaved and within the first week, I did all these things. Threw away all the toppix, most of my hates, etc..There is NO WORST feeling in life than being a slave.

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hat prisoner for daily activities/errands. Heavy concealer user + combover when I need to make public appearances.