What has balding taught you about life, reality and human nature?

YoungBalder15

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It taught me nothing is permanent. We should be grateful with what we have. It taught me how much looks, specially hair matters to women for dating.
It also taught me people are so judgemental and hypocrite. People say hair loss is not big of a deal until it happens to them.

1633957672425.png

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It has certainly made me a better person, but to reach this point I crossed many other problems that were just consequences of my mental problems originated by hair loss itself. At the beginning you could say that I was the personification of the hate itself: I would treat anyone around like trash, even people that meant the world to me such as my younger brother and my ex girlfriend. I didn't make it clear to them that I was facing hair loss (in clumps, imagine the destruction) because I really couldn't.

Everything I wanted to vent at the time was stuck in the middle of my throat, and I clearly was afraid of being mocked or ridiculed, even though I know they wouldn't do that. I remember vividly that I broke down crying on ex shoulder one day and she kept asking why I was crying and I never said the reason. Stupid, isn't it? Little did I know that I would be losing her soon, and slowly. My brother at that period of time became distant as well, because he thought I was avoiding him. He was too young to understand the burden it was, and to him it could be solved naturally. I couldn't put myself to sit with him and try to explain as well, because I was too stressed and too angry to be talking to people about that curse.

As the time passed, I lost my girlfriend, lost contact with mother, lost my grandparents and many career opportunities. I started college few months prior hair loss and was really unhappy with that already, so it only made things worse. Funny thing is, the year before that was the best year of my life. Really poetic if I think about it nowadays; ~ The last days of my youth ~. Could be a movie or a song title, whatever.

After so many things happened, I decided I would focus on my future instead of worrying obsessively about something that I had no control of. There are people out there in their teens balding heavily. At least I was able to live youth as I wanted; I fucked, I laughed, I kissed, I loved, I dreamt. Memories that I will keep forever with me, and that give me a fleeting fragment of hope whenever I long about them.

Of course this ~clarity~ of mine was something that I only realized recently, so I'm still taking baby steps. Nevertheless, I can't deny that I dream about gaining my density back sometimes. Even if I do, I don't think it will result in happiness; I expect something more like a bittersweet feeling. Something along these lines...

We Move

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People say hair loss is not big of a deal until it happens to them.
I'm only in the early stages so it's changed my internal more than external so far but I can confirm that I was one of the above people.

I used to look down upon guys struggling with hair loss, unless they were teenagers. Not in a "haha" way, quite the opposite in fact. I'd think "whats the big deal, just buzz it, why is this guy struggling".

Briefly I thought I was losing my hair at 19 but it turned out just to be a combination of my cowlick & dodgy haircut at Uni (the local barbers administered many such cuts). My Dad brought it to my attention by remarking upon it as if it was a funny, & I nearly exploded on him because I saw it as his fault (he was NW6/7 at 40 or whatever).
For about a week I remember feeling severe jealousy of my peers who had long overgrown hair. This faded pretty quickly when I discovered I wasn't losing it, & I went back to thinking; "I'd be fine with losing it , just not yet". Well, here we are over a decade later, & apparently that aint true.

For the time being, it's taught me how quickly bitterness & jealousy can set in.
Also, I can appreciate the phrase "I just don't see myself as a bald guy" on men who actually look pretty good bald, whereas I couldn't really before.

b4sedt0ny

My Regimen
Reaction score
It taught me nothing is permanent. We should be grateful with what we have. It taught me how much looks, specially hair matters to women for dating.
It also taught me people are so judgemental and hypocrite. People say hair loss is not big of a deal until it happens to them.

View attachment 171100

It taught me that hair is life, norwooding is the worst thing that can happen to a man in terms of physical looks. It has more weighting compared to a strong chin & physical height.

Caillou

My Regimen
Reaction score
Opened my eyes about how empty and shallow we as human beings are. Taught me that both love and sex are mostly bullshit except for their breeding purposes. I'm not really only blaming women for that and crying about "muh women want chad, so feel sorry for pathetic me who's not a chad!". But we men are also not an exception, especially myself. I keep thinking that what if i someday meet a wonderful woman who's perfect for me, but somehow is too ugly or not attractive which would make me unable to "love" her because the sexual attraction is not there. Does love in this case have any value at all? IMO no, it doesn't, it's illogical and unreasonable. Because the fact is that i would be more willing to get closer to that perfect women if only she was attractive

I also keep thinking about how much pain and suffering me and others have undergone through due to this instinctual burden. So many years of anguish and misery wailing over few moments of pleasure. So many people, both men and women, have suffered due to variety of reasons concerning love and sex. Which is insanity IMO, but so are love and sex

That's basically it, what i learned is that love and sex are insanity that we're forced to deal with to survive as humans

Last edited: