What happens if I quit finasteride now?

Samcro95

Reaction score
do you guys think stopping finasteride now would cause me to lose more hair than if I hadn't taken it at all? I've only started this week and taken 2 pills only because I'm doing it every other day. I don't want to get off and lose some crazy amount of hair.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
You should stay on Finasteride to keep Androgenetic Alopecia from progressing, especially if you're a good responder to the medication. You won't know if Finasteride is beneficial to you if you've only taken two pills of the medication and then quit it. You'll most likely still continue to lose hair without taking Finasteride to treat your Androgenetic Alopecia. About the two pills you took, how many milligrams of Finasteride were each of them? The recommend dosage is 1 mg of Finasteride, or you can buy 5 mg tablets of the medication, cut them into fourths, and take 1.25 mg daily.

Samcro95

Reaction score
You should stay on Finasteride to keep Androgenetic Alopecia from progressing, especially if you're a good responder to the medication. You won't know if Finasteride is beneficial to you if you've only taken two pills of the medication and then quit it. You'll most likely still continue to lose hair without taking Finasteride to treat your Androgenetic Alopecia. About the two pills you took, how many milligrams of Finasteride were each of them? The recommend dosage is 1 mg of Finasteride, or you can buy 5 mg tablets of the medication, cut them into fourths, and take 1.25 mg daily.

I've been taking the 1mg tablets but the reason I want to stop is I've been experiencing a sensitive nipple and don't want to end up with gyno but now I'm worried if I stop I'll end up losing more hair then I was supposed too if that makes any sense

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been taking the 1mg tablets but the reason I want to stop is I've been experiencing a sensitive nipple and don't want to end up with gyno but now I'm worried if I stop I'll end up losing more hair then I was supposed too if that makes any sense

Sensitive nipple from Finasteride? That's definitely seems like a symptom of gynecomastia. If you stop taking Finasteride, your Androgenetic Alopecia will continue on as if you never took the medication. Sorry that you experience side effects from Finasteride.

Samcro95

Reaction score
Sensitive nipple from Finasteride? That's definitely seems like a symptom of gynecomastia. If you stop taking Finasteride, your Androgenetic Alopecia will continue on as if you never took the medication. Sorry that you experience side effects from Finasteride.

Yeah that's what I thought Im gonna stop now before it progresses, is there any alternatives you may recommend instead of finasteride? That would be greatly appreciated

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I thought Im gonna stop now before it progresses, is there any alternatives you may recommend instead of finasteride? That would be greatly appreciated

I myself am not very well aware of alternative treatments. The only one that I can think about is called RU58841 and it's supposed to be a 'miracle' anti-androgen that is applied topically to the scalp. I myself have never used this treatment; however, here are a couple of users on this forum that are well informed with this treatment:

+hellouser
+zzzzz

These two users here that I've mentioned are informed about RU58841, and are good at helping those who are struggling with Androgenetic Alopecia.

ssjpotato

Established Member
Reaction score
Like I said on another post, perhaps look into other possibilities that can cause gyno before blaming finasteride. Has your diet or anything changed since starting finasteride? I actually thought finasteride gave me sides as well. I didn't know I had problems until I had a reason to look but the problems i have are most likely due to my liver problem.

See a doctor. See what they say ect. Every doctor I saw told me sides on 1mg of finasteride are pretty unlikely. Give it some thought dude.

g.i joey

Reaction score
some peoples liver cant handle finasteride.. so your sluggish liver might be DUE to finasteride.... just a thought, i know nothing about you so i wouldnt know facts

Samcro95

Reaction score
Like I said on another post, perhaps look into other possibilities that can cause gyno before blaming finasteride. Has your diet or anything changed since starting finasteride? I actually thought finasteride gave me sides as well. I didn't know I had problems until I had a reason to look but the problems i have are most likely due to my liver problem.

See a doctor. See what they say ect. Every doctor I saw told me sides on 1mg of finasteride are pretty unlikely. Give it some thought dude.

The sensitive nipple has gone away it only lasted a day which is kind of strange, and my diet is good I'm trying to cut weight right so for the past 4 weeks my diet has been on point.

rogerackroyd

Reaction score
I'm 99,999% sure you can't get any gyno symptoms that fast. I got a lump in my nipple few years ago and I had been using finasteride like 8 months before it appeared. I continued using finasteride despite of the lump and it went away in couple months.