What Happened To Shiseido? Was It Another Failure?

Umber

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shouldn't their phase 2 trials have been released around September last year? There were also talks about a release in Japan in the last quarter of 2018. Is it time to write off Shiseido from the wish-list as well?

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Announcement of results have been delayed until later this year.

As far as the clues can tell us, things don’t look too promising.

Bigoldben

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As far as I'm aware there's no news either way, there was one suggestion somewhere here by a user called long John Silver. If I recall accurately, he claimed to have been to a Japanese conference of some sort that reported results of only 5% improvement. Although whether you take figures that haven't been reported at all from a user named after a pirate as fact is up to you (I wouldn't take too much stock from the fact it hasn't been reported though, a "baldness cure" not working isn't news). In short, wait and see, and hope for the best. I suspect the answer lies in the fact that for these companies we aren't going anywhere and bald people aren't going anywhere. So when they say a best case scenario we jump on it and pin our dreams on it, whereas for them it's a rough estimate and they'd rather take the time to maximise the profit making opportunities. Leaving aside all the questions as to whether or not it works, Trinov was promised for 2018, people expected the 1st January and they got the 3rd December. Even though the company kept it's word (on the year if nothing else) people were still hysterical that it wasn't out in June.

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We can expect the efficacy to be on the same order as other studies for replicel. 5% increase in density, rejuvenation of thinning hairs, possible immunity to further losses.

Science is quite consistent.

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We can expect the efficacy to be on the same order as other studies for replicel. 5% increase in density, rejuvenation of thinning hairs, possible immunity to further losses.

That actually is not that bad..immunity that is.
I am wondering if the RCI-02 will be used?!
If so it may improve results.
I guess in 6 months we may know more.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shouldn't their phase 2 trials have been released around September last year? There were also talks about a release in Japan in the last quarter of 2018. Is it time to write off Shiseido from the wish-list as well?
Sources?
The two-year phase II clinical trial ended in the third quarter of 2018, and many, including me, expected the results to be announced in the last quarter (I expected personally a late September- early October release), but to no avail.
Shiseido had never even implied that the results would be released in 2018. That's what we falsely expected and what RepliCel alluded to.

Announcement of results have been delayed until later this year.

As far as the clues can tell us, things don’t look too promising.
Nothing has been delayed. Null.
Fake News!
The directer of the japanese trial Jiro Kishimoto will get the presentation at the hair congress spain this April
Are you 100% certain that Mr Kishimoto is announcing the results?

It's been clarified that the 5% referred to the phase I trial.
There is no evidence (yet) that RCH-01 injections rejuvenate thinning hairs or of immunization.
Ms Cocona, you can do better than this.
You are clever enough.

That actually is not that bad..immunity that is.
I am wondering if the RCI-02 will be used?!
If so it may improve results.
I guess in 6 months we may know more.
What's to occur within the next 6 months?

Last edited:

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is to occur..we may know if RCI-02 msy be used. According to Replicel it improves delivery of the product, hence improved outcome. I understand that the unit is about to be commercialized. Certainly a positive development for Replicel and patients if clsims are true.
I do understand that there was some friction between both companies. Fingers crossed that all is good again.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is to occur..we may know if RCI-02 msy be used. According to Replicel it improves delivery of the product, hence improved outcome. I understand that the unit is about to be commercialized. Certainly a positive development for Replicel and patients if clsims are true.
I do understand that there was some friction between both companies. Fingers crossed that all is good again.
So, it's just wishful thinking on your behalf.
Cool!

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
On the topic of “immunity”, I’ve read some speculation, or perhaps it’s fact, that the effects of the drug last only as long as a hair cycle, so continuous treatment would be needed in order to maintain any sort of immunity or growth benefits that it could have. Perhaps that means once every few years. Makes sense though.

The more I think about my own predicament, the more I realise that something like replicel to stop any further loss is one of my only hopes. In over 5 years of dealing with this disease, I’ve not found a single way to stop my hair from falling out. Growth is one thing. That doesn’t seem as difficult. Cessation of the downward spiral is an entirely other thing.. particularly for women.
Even if I can stop tbings where they are now.. I could likely manage.
I’ve long black hair.. very thin but passable. Much like many others I’m just disperste for the loss the stop.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh f*** Georgie has a new profile pic, the forum will break and every info within this thread will be gone or forgotten, just kidding ;)

A lot of people thought there would be results last year and as always if there is nothing new it must be bad. Still wondering what will happen with this. I personally don't expect new hair from this, but it would be a perfect cure for those who are just start losing hair or a vaccination like treatment for future generations.

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On the topic of “immunity”, I’ve read some speculation, or perhaps it’s fact, that the effects of the drug last only as long as a hair cycle, so continuous treatment would be needed in order to maintain any sort of immunity or growth benefits that it could have. Perhaps that means once every few years. Makes sense though.

The more I think about my own predicament, the more I realise that something like replicel to stop any further loss is one of my only hopes. In over 5 years of dealing with this disease, I’ve not found a single way to stop my hair from falling out. Growth is one thing. That doesn’t seem as difficult. Cessation of the downward spiral is an entirely other thing.. particularly for women.
Even if I can stop tbings where they are now.. I could likely manage.
I’ve long black hair.. very thin but passable. Much like many others I’m just disperste for the loss the stop.

A female friend has just started Trinov. From what I have read it is more effective for women than for men. I can update in a few months. Maybe it helps her.

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sources?
The two-year phase II clinical trial ended in the third quarter of 2018, and many, including me, expected the results to be announced in the last quarter (I expected personally a late September- early October release), but to no avail.
Shiseido had never even implied that the results would be released in 2018. That's what we falsely expected and what RepliCel alluded to.

Nothing has been delayed. Null.
Fake News!

Are you 100% certain that Mr Kishimoto is announcing the results?

It's been clarified that the 5% referred to the phase I trial.
There is no evidence (yet) that RCH-01 injections rejuvenate thinning hairs or of immunization.
Ms Cocona, you can do better than this.
You are clever enough.

What's to occur within the next 6 months?

So if nothing has been delayed, why weren’t the study results released last year?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shareholder announcements in October said results will be announced this year.

As for results, phase 1 results have given indication to a 5% increase in hair. However there are a lot of caveats to that figure. The first trial was a high concentration singular injection. Does this mean that the 5% was a measurement across the whole nw1-7 area ? Because if it does then scientists are even more autistic than we already think they are. It would have been more useful to know hair density changes from increasing distances from the injection site. If within 3 cm of the injection site there was a 30% density increase it would bode to reason 20 injections on the head would be better.

Before someone points out phase 2 is to work out efficacy - I know . Still I don’t hold high hopes for their methods.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So if nothing has been delayed, why weren’t the study results released last year?
I don't know why.
Nonetheless, there was no delay 'cause no release date was set.
We speculated and RepliCel alluded to a late 2018 release.
That's all.