what hair cuts

jimjohn

Established Member
Reaction score
all u guys that are losing hair, do u keep ur hair long or short. or do u just buzz it. what od u guys think looks ok for someone balding. i had buzzed it at number 4 a month ago, but never really got opinions. my girlfriend said it looked better, but she might have just been saying that to make me feel better. i remember some other girl was trying to control her laughter when she saw it. i grew it again and the top of the head isnt as noticeable but still it looks messed up like this and im thinking maybe of buzzing it again. what do u guys think.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Chest-Over.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The girl who laughed at you is an a**h**.

That one is good, but I prefer The girl is wet, so is my hair.
[/quote]

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
jimjohn said:
all u guys that are losing hair, do u keep ur hair long or short. or do u just buzz it. what od u guys think looks ok for someone balding. i had buzzed it at number 4 a month ago, but never really got opinions. my girlfriend said it looked better, but she might have just been saying that to make me feel better. i remember some other girl was trying to control her laughter when she saw it. i grew it again and the top of the head isnt as noticeable but still it looks messed up like this and im thinking maybe of buzzing it again. what do u guys think.

it depends how bald you are?, what type of hair cut you should get, but i think short is best if you are balding, long hair just draws peoples attention to the fact that you are thinning, also if you keep the back and side's which are thicker, shorter then the thinning area it can help remove the contrast between the thick and thin areas also if you have a receding hairline the ceaser cut is great, but if you are higher then a nw3 i would keep it cut at a no.1
hope this helps

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
It's difficult to know without seeing it. If you are slightly diffused it might look better longer, but it could also look good really short - grade 2 at the most. If your hair is thinning quite a bit, anything between a grade 2 and around an inch in length can make your hair loss quite noticeable. If your scalp shows through quite a bit with long hair it will probably be best to go with a grade 1 or 2. Otherwise, grow it longish and try to cover up thinning areas. Not combover style though! When it gets to full combover time then it is best to go with a grade 1 or 2.

jimjohn

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for the advice in the last two posts. I'm not really sure what I am on the Norwood scale, i think maybe im between a 2 and a 3. im going to try and put up pics of my hair to get more advice.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
shorter on the sides and a bit more length on top. I'm about 1/2 Norwood away from a combover (or a buzzzzzzzzz).