what hair cut is best for diffuse thinning??????????????//

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you want to buzz start at #4 and see how it goes for a few weeks then try #3 then #2 till your happy

imo #1 or #2 for me, but I've gone no guard a few times. .

michael.douglas18

Established Member
Reaction score
If you want to buzz start at #4 and see how it goes for a few weeks then try #3 then #2 till your happy

imo #1 or #2 for me, but I've gone no guard a few times. .

everytime i do it i see the scalp and get so depressed :/ i want to do a no guard but those darn moles, this is why i hate/ dont beleive in god

brb praying that minoxidil will thicken up in the coming months with topical spironolactone and resveratrol curcumin

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It looks good. Go 2 sides if you can get someone to do it for you. It might be difficult to do it all yourself. The top hair will look slightly fuller. 1 might be too much with a 3 on top.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Depends on how bad you diffused but usually less dense your hair is, the shorter your should buzz it. I keep it buzzed without a guard or in the past grown it to medium length so I can slick it back with gel which somewhat hides my recession/thinning. The worst is the in between stage when it's growing, my thinness is more obvious then which is why I've kept it buzzed for the last 6 months.

resu

Reaction score
1# or 2# is the best, 3# is too large of a guard, it makes me look like a bigger dork than already am but the shorter ones I look the best. You just have to try it and judge for yourself.

michael.douglas18

Established Member
Reaction score
i have a 2# all around atm, looks good but thinning is obvious , i want to go a no. 1# but it will show 2 big moles on my scalp.....

how long will a 1# take to grow to a 2#

- - - Updated - - -

i did 1# all around, i think it suits me

Attachments

• IMG_1152.jpg
    IMG_1152.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 3,177
  • IMG_1153.jpg
    IMG_1153.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 3,885

Dedge89

Reaction score
have curly hair on sides and straight on top ( due to thinning) will a buzz cut make it worse?

Hey dude, I'm a diffuse thinner aswell and I found that #2 on top and #1 on the sides is probably the best way to cover it up. Growing your hair long will just make it obvious because the hair on the sides will be longer/thicker so its always wiser to cut it shorter on the sides. If you have a good hairline (which you still do) then you can easily pull off even a #1 on top and 0-#1 on the sides.

I honestly believe shorter is better for all balding men, even with a receeding hairline it looks alot worse when theres loads of hair but a receeded hairline (which just draws more attention to it) and the same goes for a bald spot, where as with really short hair neither of those issues are as obvious or recognizable and people will just think you like having a buzzcut!

shadow

Reaction score
it is best not to cut hair.. it is probably better to allow it to grow

Depends really on the hair type. Thinning hair with long hair just doesn't look right. Medium hair is ok becuase it can cover the hairline. Short hair and depending on hair colour you can cover your thinning hair very well.

It really depends on the hair colour/color

Back_2_Basics

Reaction score
Yea dude, trim the sides really short and leave #3-ish on top, sorta like The Situation.
And a little scalp shine in normal, even in the non-male pattern baldness dudes

Anthony83

Established Member
Reaction score
if your hairline is in tact, and you have a good shaped head, go for a 0 or 1 grade.