What GOP candidate do YOU support?

Who would you rather vote for?

• Total voters

Cassin

Reaction score
Man in Space said:
I certainly hope for what its worth that my earlier messages didnt come off that way

No that wasn't for you. I was actually trying to future comment against some likely comments. Anytime politics or religion is brought up online it brings out the worst in people.

Man in Space said:
as looking back it doesnt look like i covered myself in glory with the way I worded things. I personally am an athiest but i absolutely respect those with faith and mean no offense.

Not everyone who is agnostic or atheist are like that and I respect you for that.

Man in Space said:
In my earlier post I put 'a healthy part of the christian population' can be untited around a single issue. .

Why use Christians? Every religion and political party is like that. From narrow minded conservatives to narrow minded liberals who haven't a clue what the party truly stands for.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I can imagine it can get hotly debated, I just wanted to be clear that I meant no offence if I did as I had written things quite clumsily looking back. Also I called myself an atheist whereas I am agnostic dont know what I put aethiest. Like Eintstein said we are like children in a library. We see all these books, in many different languages that we dont understand, we know something put them there and there is order but our minds are not equipped to structure it, at least thats the gist. Im highly skeptical, but i believe people who are adament that their is no god are not on firmer ground than those who believe there is a God or indeed, many Gods.

Finally your last point

cassin said:
Why use Christians? Every religion and political party is like that. From narrow minded conservatives to narrow minded liberals who haven't a clue what the party truly stands for.

I wrote this in a previous post...

Man in Space said:
Basically what Im trying to say is that by and large, amongst your own faith, Religion is a great unifier, whereas amongst a population political dogma is a great atomiser.

This wasnt clear in the slightest. I was only referring to Christianity here as it was a theme brought up in a previous thread. I agree with everthing your saying, we all have our own biases of course and of course alligences to many different faiths, it is simply my belief that faith of any kind is a stronger glue than political biases. I am of course happy to be proved wrong, my only predjudice is truth!.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Stay out of this Monty!!

Im making this difficult enough for myself without your help!!!!

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Haha consensus, hurrah! I dont mean to generalise, i just frequently forget to outline my caveats.

When Ive been around here a little longer then hopefully you will know that I am Skeptical of all general statements!!

I know its wrong but Im quite pleased with that little oxymoron, I feel I judged it right. Hmmm, though I also know this feeling of pride will soon descend into casual self loathing. Funny how falling feels like flying for a little while!

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot buddy, most people on here seem to be great, enjoying mixing with the community of the hair conscious!