What Finasteride Dose Should I Begin With At 19?

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Aight guys. About to order some finasteride online but I'm wondering wether 5 mg split into 5 or 1 mg split into 2 would be a better choice.

Thinking about either starting 1 mg immediately or 0.5 mg but I'm not sure what direction to take.
And if I opt for 5 mg, should I get a pill cutter to split them or do it myself? If I take different doses everyday will it affect my hair etc?

Does anyone also happen to know a cheap website where this can be bought?

onceuponatime

My Regimen
Reaction score
Aight guys. About to order some finasteride online but I'm wondering wether 5 mg split into 5 or 1 mg split into 2 would be a better choice.

Thinking about either starting 1 mg immediately or 0.5 mg but I'm not sure what direction to take.
And if I opt for 5 mg, should I get a pill cutter to split them or do it myself? If I take different doses everyday will it affect my hair etc?

Does anyone also happen to know a cheap website where this can be bought?

i got a pill cutter when starting finasteride, it just makes it easier and its also cheap. as for the doses, i started on 0.25 for 1 week then upped it to 0.5. as for the website, if you're in the UK you can use ukmeds or drfox

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
i got a pill cutter when starting finasteride, it just makes it easier and its also cheap. as for the doses, i started on 0.25 for 1 week then upped it to 0.5. as for the website, if you're in the UK you can use ukmeds or drfox

hows it going? has finasterie helped you?

g.i joey

Reaction score
Take .5 for 3 months and reassess, on paper .5 should be enough depending on how aggressive your hair loss is.

But just for context I take 1mg 4-5x a week and it’s slowing down my loss at best.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
1mg is the standard dose. I would take that and if you start to get some serious side effects you should either quit or taper to half the dose. However, it may take a few months for your body to adjust. However, at 19, I really would be hesitant to take this medication unless you know you are done with puberty.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
1mg is the standard dose. I would take that and if you start to get some serious side effects you should either quit or taper to half the dose. However, it may take a few months for your body to adjust. However, at 19, I really would be hesitant to take this medication unless you know you are done with puberty.

how can I tell if i'm done with puberty?