what drs tell their paitents to quit smoking after surgery

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
Other then armani do any others?

I have not heard wong or dr feller tell paitents to ?

s.a.f

Reaction score
I dont think anyone else does.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Armani also claims that creatine caused m.p.b :hairy:

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
thnx id love to hear others speak i hate it how so many just turn their back to threads or are to lazy to respond, yet they do have something important to add, sorry i sound whiney but i cant help it :hairy:

Linhgo

Reaction score
All the doctors should be telling their patients to stop smoking if they're having surgery. It's the responsible thing to do. Smoking increases the risk of wound infection following surgery. It also prolong the time wounds take to heal. This is Level I evidence (i.e. obtained from randomized-controlled trials - the best type of evidence) and is a position agreed upon by everyone in the surgical community. It applies to all surgical procedures.

If you want your grafts to have the best chance of working and in the best possible environment, you'd quit smoking for a period of time before and after your operation (hopefully you'll stay smoke-free indefinitely). If you want to risk your grafts or donor site getting infected or taking a longer time to heal, go ahead and keep on smoking.

Here's a quick overview of some of the evidence if you're interested:
http://www.mja.com.au/public/issues/180 ... 39_fm.html

P.S. I'm going to be a doctor in 4 months so I think I have a fair idea of what I'm talking about. :lol:

niknak

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Armani also claims that creatine caused m.p.b :hairy:

Thats' bollocks. Plenty of people at my gym take creatine and have perfect hair. I however take it and am slowly receding. :(

I'm quite sure this is due to genetics and not creatine.