• 1mg a day

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • 1.25mg a day or more

Votes: 14 29.2%

• Total voters

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
Just curious what you guys are running. I take 1.25mg a day but might drop to .5 a day

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Toggling between .25 and .5 for about a month or so now. I started at 1 for about a week but dropped down to see how I react.. not much change for better or for worse, but.. it's still very early in my treatment.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
1,5 mg daily. Capsules prepared by pharmacy with a prescription from derm (otherwise they don't give it to you).

Reaction score
Hey mate. A couple of documented articles.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24898559

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1440-0960.2012.00909.x/abstract

Important to bear in the mind the guys who didn't respond on Finasteride, were only on it for 6 months. The drug takes a while to work for some people. So those who benefited on dutasteride may have also benefited if they stuck with finasteride. Also what is "no significant improvement"? The abstract doesn't say whether it refers to regrowth or maintenance. The latter would be a success in reality. I am sure the full article would have this clarification.

The other link is of only one patient so doesn't constitute a study. Still, it's something.

Either way, I am sure Dutasteride provides better maintenance for those with aggressive male pattern baldness. But I am starting to think it might be able to recover miniaturised better or at the very least, much quicker. I have had thickening and regrowth on finasteride at the back big time which was thinning a little, middle was always fine. But I would like better frontal gains, the process is also quite slow in this region.

It's an experiment I may try. finasteride is bullet proof for hair loss but dutasteride is something else. The lure of the soft gelatin based capsule continues.

Thanks for your reply, certainly something to keep in mind. However, I am making such massive gains (thickening all the way back to my crown and back of my head and steady regrowth on my temples) on 1mg finasteride ed I don't see why I should spend more (yes, I am so happy that treatment costs start to be a deciding factor) for dutasteride.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I like how the majority of people are on 0.25mg or less. Precautionary or they had side effects so they reduced? That is the question.

LDM88

Reaction score
I'm on 1mg a day since March end this year. Would it hurt to switch to dutasteride? Or not?

MORALES

Reaction score
I used 5 mg/day with great protection results. 5 mg/day finasteride completely inhibits to further hair loss. But for new hair growth everyone needs to growth stimulants.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Wolf, is there any scientific data to back up this claim?

I think its just common sense that dutasteride is going to work better than finasteride. It blocks the remaining 30 percent of the same enzyme finasteride blocks so its going to work better just based on that alone also it blocks the less important type 1 enzyme which might play some smaller role. Although the role of the resulting T spike is still up for debate. Most say it doesnt matter, but I dont know

Rdx

My Regimen
Reaction score
1 mg finasteride eod..from 2 months..thinking to take 1 mg daily.

Willy_Aer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1 mg finasteride daily...but additionally I apply it topically mixed with minoxidil 5% everynight. So practically it's way more I guess. I'm always wondering always what would be the equivalent in termz of DHT inhibitiom...