What dosage of propecia are you on?

person22

Reaction score
Just a quick question really, I'm curious as to what everyone's on, with been on propecia for 4months now, and I break my pills into quarters and take one quarter a day (0.25). I have no side affects
my hair loss isn't as aggressive as some so for me it feels like a sensible middle ground to take a quarter of a pill,
how about everyone else ?

dusty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1.25mg for me I have not experienced any sides. If you want to really take the full advantage of finasteride take .5mg a day at least. Sides are so low on finasteride just look at the FDA info on the drug. the percentage of people on finasteride that got ED is the same as people who took sugar pills. If you believe its having an effect on your dick it is more likely to happen. .25mg isnt going to do much if your afraid of sides do .5mg a day at least.

Muzzle

Reaction score
Between 2007-2011 used 1.25 mg proscar, no side effects.

2014 July-today started propecia again 1 mg, no side effects.

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
Between 2007-2011 used 1.25 mg proscar, no side effects.

2014 July-today started propecia again 1 mg, no side effects.
I'm curious about the reason why you stopped then (?).
Did you lose much ground during these three years you stopped taking finasteride ?

Back to the subject, I started two months ago at 0.25mg every day, two weeks later 0.5mg every day, a month later 1mg every other day and now 1mg every day.

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
1.25mg for 8 months, no sides. I transitioned on so wasn't on the full dose until 2 months in.

Seen improvement in overall quality of my hair which has been noticed by other people (I don't tell them that it's medication).