What does the scar look like?

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
So, I've been considering a hair transplant for a few years. I keep convincing myself to wait another 6 months, get a better idea of where my hair loss is going, maybe something new will come out, etc. I've seen a lot of pictures of young guys who have knee-jerk reactions to "omg fix it now." I'm trying really hard to not be that guy.

I have a consulation with Feller 2 years ago who said my donor was fantastic (yes, his word). I need about 3,000-3,500 graphs. Ideally I'd like to do FUE, but the price of such a procedure is inaccesible to me, so if I were to do it any time over the next couple years, it would have to be a strip procedure.

How short can you guys who have had strip buzz down your hair and completly conceal the scar? If, one day, my hair loss is such that I choose to give myself a tight buzz and be done with it, at say a 1 guard, is that line going to be visible in 5, 10, 15 years? I feel like giving up the option of wearing super short hair or a shaved head is like putting all my eggs in one basket and hoping a transplant works out.

Furthermore, how visible are the "white bump scars" from FUE? Are they noticable at a 1 guard or shaved head?

Thanks for the help.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Most people can shave down to a grade 3 and still keep the donor scar covered, some a grade 2. Not sure about FUE scars, but depends on the size of the FUE extraction tool. I'm now at 8 months post op from Feller, and I could go to a grade 4 at 5 months, not shaved the back since.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Scar depends on patient characteristics but the chances of being able to shave to 2 or below without it being slightly noticible are slim.
Often its not so much the scar but the shockloss around it. FUE however is a totally different story unless the Dr is incompetant then you should be able to shave down without anyone noticing anything.

powersam

Reaction score
http://www.google.com/search?hair l...cd=1&q=trichophytic+closure+technique&spell=1

trichophytic closure technique

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Avery said:
So, I've been considering a hair transplant for a few years. I keep convincing myself to wait another 6 months, get a better idea of where my hair loss is going, maybe something new will come out, etc. I've seen a lot of pictures of young guys who have knee-jerk reactions to "omg fix it now." I'm trying really hard to not be that guy.

I have a consulation with Feller 2 years ago who said my donor was fantastic (yes, his word). I need about 3,000-3,500 graphs. Ideally I'd like to do FUE, but the price of such a procedure is inaccesible to me, so if I were to do it any time over the next couple years, it would have to be a strip procedure.

How short can you guys who have had strip buzz down your hair and completly conceal the scar? If, one day, my hair loss is such that I choose to give myself a tight buzz and be done with it, at say a 1 guard, is that line going to be visible in 5, 10, 15 years? I feel like giving up the option of wearing super short hair or a shaved head is like putting all my eggs in one basket and hoping a transplant works out.

Furthermore, how visible are the "white bump scars" from FUE? Are they noticable at a 1 guard or shaved head?

Thanks for the help.
The strip scare looks like a pussy glued shut :woot: :p