what does it mean when hair falls out w/ the root attached

justsomegirl

Reaction score
I still have not been diagnosed with my hair loss b/c I have yet to see a doctor about it. I'm still convinced that it may have to do with the weather and my crash diet....and a little paranoia. But when my hair does fall out, it's been falling out with the the root attached. Does anyone know what this means?

SadMom

Established Member
Reaction score
Just that you aren't experiencing breakage, but losing the entire hair, which doesn't necessarily point to a particular form of hairloss.

babie_b

Reaction score
hi justsomegirl,
I just wanna know your hairloss history? Have you had any nutritional deficiencies, crash diets, etc??? If you provide more info, perhaps I can tell you my speel about what I know..and direct you to helpful sites!
:)

babie_b

Reaction score
hi najeena,
I don't know if what I have to say can help you. I'm only 20 so I'm not sure if we are experiencing the same type of the hairloss. I think I have Telogen Effluvium and this is not the first time that it has happened to me! A couple years back, I went on a severe diet. Basicaly, not eating if possible. That lead to lots of hair falling out!! Very scary, but, after a few months..it corrected itself, and my hair grew back slowly. Now, my Telogen Effluvium is triggered from a fever!! And, it seems to me that it's taken its course as well..and it just needs time to grow back.