What does finasteride do? (Experiences)

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
Does it cause shedding?

Did you get regrowth?

im like NW1.. my hairline is growing back fast, and i want to boost it faster.

I dont want to shed at all. I think finasteride removes DHT from the blood. What I would like to do since my regime is working great, is add a little extra umpf.

Plus I have apple poly spray and pills gona be here any day.

I was wondering if I start on finasteride, will ther be a shed? Even if my hair is already growing back?

And anyone used finasteride and not shed?

And.. whats the story about the 1/4 pill cutting.. and can you trust it.

And what if i take 1/4 every two days for example.. just to remove a little DHT while not causing a shed?

Thanks

Pondle

Reaction score
Propecia saved my hair from thinning further, but I didn't get much (if any) regrowth. Maybe a little at the crown. You may or may not shed on any treatment. Propecia didn't make me shed, but Rogaine did.

Some people take a lower dose than 1mg/day, because it's almost as effective.

Propeciadoserangingstudy.gif

BornBaldDieBald

Established Member
Reaction score
TheHairGrower said:
Does it cause shedding?

Did you get regrowth?

im like NW1.. my hairline is growing back fast, and i want to boost it faster.

I dont want to shed at all. I think finasteride removes DHT from the blood. What I would like to do since my regime is working great, is add a little extra umpf.

Plus I have apple poly spray and pills gona be here any day.

I was wondering if I start on finasteride, will ther be a shed? Even if my hair is already growing back?

And anyone used finasteride and not shed?

And.. whats the story about the 1/4 pill cutting.. and can you trust it.

And what if i take 1/4 every two days for example.. just to remove a little DHT while not causing a shed?

Thanks

Although there have been no official studies to conclusively determine that Finasteride causes shedding, it has been reported before. Still, it is not enough to determine from the anecdotal accounts of people whether Finasteride was actually causing the shed, or whether it was just a progression of the male pattern baldness cycle.

In my experience with Finasteride (4+ months), I have seen no shedding, and have noticed increased density in the crown, a relative increase in the front inch of my hair line (better than baseline), and an overall stabilization of hair loss. It has not gotten any worse, and seems to have increased my density. I cannotput any numbers on these gains, but they are cosmetically significant.

I have experienced no side effects at all, other than in INCREASE in libido, slight increase in weight, and of course, thicker hair.

Hope this helps.

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Thanks for the posts. More people should reply though.

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
I did have a shedding period about two weeks in, but that might have just been seasonal and had stopped again by week four. I think my hair may be a small amount thicker, but nothing to jump up and down about. I am just short of eight weeks in and have had no side effects at all. No ED, no change in Libido, no tiredness and no reduction in Semen. Its all good :)

The studies are a better guide than personal responses tbh. The evidence is there of Propecias efficacy and it is by far the most effective product for treating male pattern baldness currently available.

mschai

Reaction score
Based on experience, does propecia give you increased hair quality/thicker hairshaft, hence resulting in increased coverage?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
mschai said:
Based on experience, does propecia give you increased hair quality/thicker hairshaft, hence resulting in increased coverage?

Some users claim that Propecia has an impact on regrowing as well.

mschai

Reaction score
So, finasteride increases hair thickness and give regrowth. 2 persons that I know taking finasteride gives me conflicting view. One said his hair is much thicker and gave him additional coverage. The other experience significant regrowth.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
mschai said:
So, finasteride increases hair thickness and give regrowth. 2 persons that I know taking finasteride gives me conflicting view. One said his hair is much thicker and gave him additional coverage. The other experience significant regrowth.

I am no scientist, but I know different person will have different reactions towards to Propecia. Most of the people at least maintain after a year.