What does DHT do in our body??

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
just wanted to know if we actually need dht or is it useless? like besides hairloss and facial hair does it do any good things for our body?? do we need it?? cause if you think about it its gotta be important

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
so nobody knows??

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
comon man dht must do good things for our body

jamesrav

Reaction score
value of DHT

it's been proven that DHT is very important (up to puberty at least) to allow
a male's penis to develop normally. Is it needed after puberty finishes, lets say age 18? That's a question i've yet to get a good answer to. People claim after you reach adulthood that DHT is a complete negative - it causes hairloss in those people (us) sensitive to its effects, it can cause the prostate to grow, etc. So it gets a bad reputation ... but nobody seems to have proven that is has no *beneficial* effects after puberty. So in a sense people taking finasteride and dutasteride are the first guinea pigs to see if it can be knocked down to a small percentage of it's 'normal' value without adverse effects. I for one have a hard time believing a sex hormone instrumental in penile development suddenly becomes *completely* unnecessary after the age of 18.

For me personally, my time on finasteride ended with a realization that i'd become listless and much less interested in sex than the prior year. I think i need DHT to be who i am, and cutting it down 70-80% was not a good thing. It took a while for things to return to normal, but they have. Fortunately i think the body has little trouble returning to its former state once something out of the ordinary is stopped.

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
james thanks mate your right im not gonna take anything thats gonna affect my manhood when there topical products with no side effects out there..id rather cut my hair short and use topicals