What does conditioner really do?

Felk

Reaction score
I've recently just been using NANO shampoo, without conditioner, and my hair is really looking good. I think it perhaps leaves something behind, as my hair looks thicker, but since NANO has n-oxide growth stimulators and copper peptides, I don't mind any of that in my hair :)

I'm just wondering if a conditioner is really necessary - as I've always used one after my nizoral soak, but since my hair has improved so much cosmetically just using the NANO, im thinking of dropping the nizoral, or using it less. Is there any reason why I'd need a conditioner?

Ideally i'd like to use nizoral and NANO in the one wash, as I dont like washing my hair too often due to the cosmetic effect. My hair looks best a day or so after a wash.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It happens the same with my hair. It never looks as good as when it´s a couple of days without a wash.

But with all the minoxidil crap I have to wash it daily.

I´ve tried many products, and no one seems to work with this kind of hair. I found once a miracle product Schwarckpof´s milk conditioner. It leaved my hair like it is when unwashed, but brighty and silky.

Amazingly enough, they quit producing the milk in the original form, and they changed it for a green sh*t with the same name. That was funny.

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
Jonathan Products makes something called Dirt that's supposed to give you the look of hair that's not-so-freshly washed even on the day that you've shampooed, FYI.

It's possible that your conditioner was leaving some residue that weighed down your hair, making it look thinner (which is why it looks thicker without conditioner). However, for most people, a small bit of conditioner will help keep your hair softer and more managable. If you find that your hair's still soft and looks good w/o conditioner, then I'd say you'd be fine. If you find that it's getting a little coarse then you may want to look into a conditioner that's lighter weight and doesn't leave a residue.

powersam

Reaction score
does noone else see the humour in buying something to put in your hair after you wash it to make it look like you havent washed it?

Felk

Reaction score
PowerSam said:
does noone else see the humour in buying something to put in your hair after you wash it to make it look like you havent washed it?

Good point :lol:

In relation to my first post - im glad i dont need a conditioner. ill experiment with following nizoral with NANO and see how that goes. Hopefully they wont cancel each other out

CCS

Reaction score
conditioner is for people with long hair whose hair is long enough that the scalp's natural oil can't coat the shaft that well. I think it is good for anyone with hair over 2 inches. Mine has always been less than 1.5 inches, and looks best right after a shower. I've never used conditioner in my life, and was told by a hair stylist that I don't need it. i keep my hair just long enough to give my scalp sufficient UV protection incase i'm ever stuck outdoors without a hat. aside from that I keep it short and low maintanance. and women like the light bristly feel of buzzed hair. it can tickle them.