What Do You Use To Prevent Face Wrinkles And Puffy Eyes From Minoxidil?

timidhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am trying out high-strength minoxidil and am investigating on putting together a skin care routine (which I have never done before in my entire life) to prevent face wrinkles and puffy eyes that are known side effects from high-strength minoxidil.

I read from some posts on this forum about some mens' skin products from Brickell, including some anti-aging face cream and even eye balm. Modest priced to very expensive. Very skeptical about their efficacy. Sounds like women's cosmetics that are based on sketchy sciences.

Can someone post some skin care routines or products (reasonably priced) for men that newbies like me can follow and use?

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am trying out high-strength minoxidil and am investigating on putting together a skin care routine (which I have never done before in my entire life) to prevent face wrinkles and puffy eyes that are known side effects from high-strength minoxidil.

I read from some posts on this forum about some mens' skin products from Brickell, including some anti-aging face cream and even eye balm. Modest priced to very expensive. Very skeptical about their efficacy. Sounds like women's cosmetics that are based on sketchy sciences.

Can someone post some skin care routines or products (reasonably priced) for men that newbies like me can follow and use?
I've never found anything that is good for eye bags and puffiness. Supposedly vit E and C are good, as is aloe vera, caffeine rollers and jojoba oil.

For facial wrinkles, retinoids are the good standard.

timidhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there a name of a specific product you recommend I can look up on Amazon to order? I appreciate a specific recommendation.

I've never found anything that is good for eye bags and puffiness. Supposedly vit E and C are good, as is aloe vera, caffeine rollers and jojoba oil.

For facial wrinkles, retinoids are the good standard.

DiffThinner35

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop looking at the computer screen for 14 hours per day - that will help with the puffy eyes

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The retin A I get from Ebay. You should start off on .025% and depending on how dry your skin is, you should probably invest in a good moisturiser and definitely a sunscreen.

Attachments

• 20190516_184853.jpg
    20190516_184853.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 304
  • 20190516_184900.jpg
    20190516_184900.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 162

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

For facial wrinkles, retinoids are the gold standard.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Microdermabrasion and Botox! Moisturiser and drink loads of water.

TheZyzz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just stop using minoxidil less than 4 hours before you go to sleep.

Avoid touching with minoxidil your towel or pillow or anything else that touches your face.

You won't be having any puffy eyes or skin problem if the minoxidill won't touch your face and will only stay on the scalp and the hairline.

Thomas Aquarius

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you using high strength minoxidil? Are you not having success with lower level solutions?

I second the advice regarding staying hydrated. Drink plenty of water, eat lots of healthy fats from seeds, nuts, avocado, fish, olive oil, etc., and perhaps think about adding some copper peptides to your regimen. I can go into further detail if you are interested.

Hairs45

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use minoxidil once a day for 4 years now. my forehead is still the same with no wrinkles or signs of aging. I still get carded.

I dont go to bed with this stuff on though.

timidhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the photos. They are very helpful. But I can't find the Retin-A you mention on eBay. Can you provide a link or an alternative legit source to order online?

The retin A I get from Ebay. You should start off on .025% and depending on how dry your skin is, you should probably invest in a good moisturiser and definitely a sunscreen.

Last edited:

shravani

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure you are getting enough sleep? I never heard of getting bags under eyes because of this drug until now and after a quick google search I guess some people do report it. I get bags under eyes quite often but that was before I have taken minoxidill. I haven't noticed getting more since the drug. In fact my life situation now allows me to sleep more because of job were I get good sleep and I rarely have bags under eyes now. Here the Best solution Top 10 Essential Oils to Reduce Puffiness Under Your Eyes

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the photos. They are very helpful. But I can't find the Retin-A you mention on eBay. Can you provide a link or an alternative legit source to order online?
Just search retin a on Ebay and you should find it. I'm from UK so I'm not sure a link would even be relevant to you. Plus selling retinoids on Ebay isn't allowed so they get shut down a lot.

Maxihair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
+1 for Retin-A. It works great for wrinkles and acne (a lot of good reviews on forums). And it's easy to get online (a way cheaper.) If you're curious I've got it from "GETRET247" (just Google it) :).

Last edited:

RobySul

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed for a while, but I want to say something too. To avoid the appearance of wrinkles, use Vitamin C serums. They make your skin look way better. Also, don't drink much water before sleep and try to do some face massage in the morning. If you want, you can try some facial treatments to prevent a wrinkle appearance. You can read about some of them on https://beaulaser.co.uk cause I'm not a professional and don't want to mislead you. Oh, I forgot to say, avoid smoking and drinking alcohol. You'll be surprised when you'll see the difference.

Last edited: