What do you think is the minimum dosage you can use on finasteride?

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been off the drug for some time now due to sides but want to get back on but really not srue what to do i cant seem to take the drugs without sides i doont know if theres any point taking a really low dose but i guess its better than nothing?

0.25mg x 3 days a week?

or 0.25mg EOD

reckon theres' any point?

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Post pics of your hair . Depends how aggressive your hair loss is. If you are young and a Norwood 3 that means your very sensitive to dht and a super low dose won’t work

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Post pics of your hair . Depends how aggressive your hair loss is. If you are young and a Norwood 3 that means your very sensitive to dht and a super low dose won’t work
Even better advice. I just used to bite the big blue Proscar tabs into fourths, more or less, which was 1.25 daily and I had great maintenance from finasteride. I am not a sides person except for spironolactone so I know it's harder for some of you guys.

Last edited:

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even better advice. I just used to bite the big blue Proscar tabs into fourths, more or less, which was 1.25 daily and I had great maintenance from finasteride. I am not a sides person except for spironolactone so I know it's harder for some of you guys.
i had bad sides on finasteride. im nearly 27 its not agressive but i know it will get worse soon. its a slow recession since 21.

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• 20210204_085328.jpg
    20210204_085328.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 112

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’d say your a NW2.5. So at 26 being a 2.5 I don’t think these super low doses of finasteride will help you maintain all that much. I’d say take 1mg per day, and If you can’t, take 1mg MWF or .5 per day.

Bora

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’d say your a NW2.5. So at 26 being a 2.5 I don’t think these super low doses of finasteride will help you maintain all that much. I’d say take 1mg per day, and If you can’t, take 1mg MWF or .5 per day.
I'm 23 and I'm Norwood 2.5-3 with frontal thining I use dutasteride daily now, minoxidil daily, oral spironolactone daily. Anything else you want to recommend ?

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 23 and I'm Norwood 2.5-3 with frontal thining I use dutasteride daily now, minoxidil daily, oral spironolactone daily. Anything else you want to recommend ?
Lmao no. That is very aggressive and I wouldn’t take most of that myself. I’ve seen your threads your hair is unchanged. You arnt going to regrow your temples, but your def not losing anymore hair. Probably don’t need spironolactone, messing with your testosterone is definitely not healthy

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah just titrate downwards to where you don't feel the sides like JS was pretty much saying. OP your density is pretty decent so that's good. You should be dermarolling, using some form of minoxidil, and I would consider RU since its side effect profile is low.

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah just titrate downwards to where you don't feel the sides like JS was pretty much saying. OP your density is pretty decent so that's good. You should be dermarolling, using some form of minoxidil, and I would consider RU since its side effect profile is low.
Yea it's weird my hairline and right temple is cooked but i have good density but i have noticed it's getting thinner overall.. are you saying i shouldn't use finasteride?

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been off the drug for some time now due to sides but want to get back on but really not srue what to do i cant seem to take the drugs without sides i doont know if theres any point taking a really low dose but i guess its better than nothing?

0.25mg x 3 days a week?

or 0.25mg EOD

reckon theres' any point?
Personally I think it’s a bad idea to go back on finasteride if you’ve already had sides. I’m sure you’ll be back here soon complaining of more sides, but sides vs hair is a common one on here.
If you get sides again it’s possible they will be much worse. That’s what happened to me and something I’ve read on here many many times. You cant keep fluctuating your hormones.
However, in your case, you should definitely start at 0.25 EOD.

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally I think it’s a bad idea to go back on finasteride if you’ve already had sides. I’m sure you’ll be back here soon complaining of more sides, but sides vs hair is a common one on here.
If you get sides again it’s possible they will be much worse. That’s what happened to me and something I’ve read on here many many times. You cant keep fluctuating your hormones.
However, in your case, you should definitely start at 0.25 EOD.
hmmm.. yea tough one. Do you know bout the supplement DIM? I'm thinking about buying tht and using that with finasteride?