What Do You Tell People During The Healing Process?

scuffedjimcarrey

My Regimen
Reaction score
considering getting an fue done to restore my hairline (probably at an nw2-3) and i can lay low for about a month before ill be in contact with people. at that point will it be obvious that ive had work done? what is the goto excuse people use during the healing process?

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a procedure when I was about 22 and what I remember you have scabs for about a week. When the week is up your scabs are gone your
transplanted hairs blend in with your existing hair with no sign of a transplant. After a month the redness at the back of your head fades away. (This is covered by your hair so it isn’t really noticeable)
I was a bedroom boy for a week (got bro/sisters I didn’t want knowing). I told my parents I was getting the procedure and they were helpful/understanding. They really did help in bringing food up and telling me the coast was clear to go toilet etc. I just made out I had the flu. No one was none the wiser.
In fact I was doing my apprenticeship at the time and I was at college the following week. It just looked like I buzzed my head.
View my profile I do believe I posted a thread on it.

scuffedjimcarrey

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a procedure when I was about 22 and what I remember you have scabs for about a week. When the week is up your scabs are gone your
transplanted hairs blend in with your existing hair with no sign of a transplant. After a month the redness at the back of your head fades away. (This is covered by your hair so it isn’t really noticeable)
I was a bedroom boy for a week (got bro/sisters I didn’t want knowing). I told my parents I was getting the procedure and they were helpful/understanding. They really did help in bringing food up and telling me the coast was clear to go toilet etc. I just made out I had the flu. No one was none the wiser.
In fact I was doing my apprenticeship at the time and I was at college the following week. It just looked like I buzzed my head.
View my profile I do believe I posted a thread on it.

thats awesome thanks man, exactly the info i was looking for! so if i shave down, after about a month and a half it wouldnt be noticeable anymore?

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thats awesome thanks man, exactly the info i was looking for! so if i shave down, after about a month and a half it wouldnt be noticeable anymore?

When I got mine done they shaved my head for me. After about 4 days the scabs would start to come off around the transplanted hairs. All the time I was noticing the transplanted hairs growing through. By the time the week is over the redness at the back of my head was hidden by the regrowing hairs. So only a week really. The back of my head was red and sore for a month though but wasn’t really a problem.
By a month and a half I did have some hairs shed. I’m sure you are aware this can happen, but by then my hair was long enough to brush over to one side.
My advice is to definately get one. As long as you have found a dr your happy with that is.