What do you guys think?

spares

Reaction score
Time start a regiment? I've always definitely had a cowlick in back - I'm just not sure if it's getting bigger. This is the picture that started to get me thinking:

DSC00860.jpg

Anyway, a couple of other things:

• I'm surprised if I'm losing hair because it really doesn't seem like that much hair is falling out in a day (maybe less than 50 hairs?), I've been keeping an eye on my pillow and shower
  • Pull test doesn't yield much - maybe 1 or 2 hairs best efforts
  • I have very coarse hair, and I've recently started growing it long, does that maybe made the cowlick more pronounced? I've only started to notice since I've grown my hair longer (wishful thinking perhaps)
  • Uploaded a ton of pictures of my wet and later dry hair the album below (sorry if the quality sucks):

https://plus.google.com/photos/108560375874077312804/albums/6054343247305003105?banner=pwa

Let me know if you guys can see it or not. Figured I'd reach out to the friendly folks here before heading to the dermatologist. Any guidance is much appreciated!

minoxiDjunkie

Established Member
Reaction score
well it does looks like youre having thinner hair at the top and a little bit receding hairline,
a perfect time to start big 3 i think, keep it (and maybe reverse a little) while you still can.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
that pic + what you said makes me think you don't have male pattern baldness. I can pull out hairs from the sides and back of my head with hair pull test. A true person with male pattern baldness would easily pull out multiple hairs almost every time unless it was incredibly incredibly slow loss

spares

Reaction score
that pic + what you said makes me think you don't have male pattern baldness. I can pull out hairs from the sides and back of my head with hair pull test. A true person with male pattern baldness would easily pull out multiple hairs almost every time unless it was incredibly incredibly slow loss

@zzzzz, what about the google pictures, can you view those? feel like the top looks much thinner? maybe I'm just paranoid

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
@zzzzz, what about the google pictures, can you view those? feel like the top looks much thinner? maybe I'm just paranoid

ok it probably is male pattern baldness but if the hair pull test is that inconclusive its probably very slow you can see a hair transplant doctor to confirm miniaturization/male pattern baldness

faskljdfoei

Reaction score
Very similar hair type (wavy) and loss as me. Your hairline does look receding, but if its not accelerating, It may just be your time to get and adult hairline and not really male pattern baldness yet. Yes, go to your derm. If you can't wait and want to stop the 'receding' now and feel paranoid, maybe get a months supply of minoxidil, its like 10-12 bucks at most drugstores for generic. It took me a few months to determine that my receding was really due to male pattern baldness because it receded more and the diffuse shedding started, I am now on the big 3.