What Do You Guys Think Of This Schampoo And Condotioner?

Crespo88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yesterday I bought a shampoo and conditioner from a swedish health store. Today i washed my hair with it and it felt like a burning on scalp. What do you think about the ingredients in both? I know coconut is good for the hair but the rest?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 297
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 237
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 234
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 226

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Woah that looks like a whole bunch of chemicals. Generally for hair loss I would use a shampoo with either ketoconazole or zinc pyrinthione in it. Not only do these help reduce inflammation but they also kill bacteria and fungus cells. Hair loss shampoos also usually contain biotin (which is good for hair strength) and oils that help to moisturise and soothe the scalp.

You can pick up nizoral shampoo from the store or look at something like these.

Hope I helped!
Hey, I use a concealer (hair fibers like Toppik) every single day and also apply minoxidil twice a day. There I have to shampoo my hair every single night to wash out the concealer before I re-apply minoxidil and go to sleep.
Do you think that Pura D'Or Gold Label woule make a good shampoo for daily use ?
The problem is that shampooimg everyday dries out my hair therefore I'm look for a mild shampoo with more moisturizing properties that won't dry out the hair.
Thanks !

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pura d' or gold label w/Keto is good but daily it will dry your hair and scalp. Maybe from the keto? Ive never used the other Pura d' or with out keto (blue label, i think) my daily shampoo is avalon organics thickening shampoo. It works great for me and its reasonably priced. The Pura i use once Maybe twice a week

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pura D'Or Gold and Blue do not contain Keto. They use Zinc Pyrithione.

I specifically use Pura D'Or because Keto also affects my scalp badly.
i know the blue doesn't but the gold label i have does have keto for sure. Maybe there is a couple different formulas ??

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I looked into it and you are right. They have updated their formula to add 0.9% keto. So it now has it in but at a very low %. It never used to and the one I use doesn't have it.
yeah i got this bottle about a year ago. Since i only use once or twice a week i still have almost half the bottle left! LOL where did you find it has .9% Keto? i recently tried to find What % it was out of curiosity. I figured it was probably 1% since 2% is prescription only

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I bought a couple of bottles when I purchased mine and has lasted ages. I just googled 'Pura D'or Gold Ketoconazole' haha.
the only thing ive found was a customer review saying .9% Keto in it. The Pura website doesn't have the % Oh well i was just curious... I bought nizoral 1% the other day because i got a bad case of athletes foot ugh! So i figured that would be a good thing to use on my feet and on my scalp to prevent it spreading to my scalp... I cant wait for summer to be over!!!

StevenLaventine

Reaction score
If I were you, I would use either Pura d'Or shampoo or Nioxin system (x). When my hair was thinning I used Nioxin System 2 for a few years(It comes with a shampoo, conditioner a spray and the price is great). When it got worst, I switched to Pura d'Or. They both do a great job.