125.3 KB · Views: 283
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 283

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely male pattern baldness.
However the length of the hair suggests the remaining stems have a long lifetime (anagen). So chances are the "big three" will help you to keep what you have now. How old are you?

Heca

My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually just turned 18, my hair is much more dense after it is dried but otherwise yeah. How would I go about the big 3? I'm not too familiar with this

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hair's similar to mine. Starting to recede and thin a bit but thick enough to give good coverage (with the right styling) so people probably won't notice.....................yet. If you got it cut short you'd get an idea of how bald you really are. So if you do that prepare yourself.

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely male pattern baldness.
However the length of the hair suggests the remaining stems have a long lifetime (anagen). So chances are the "big three" will help you to keep what you have now. How old are you?

How can you tell someone that they've definitely got male pattern baldness and need to jump on the big three, just from three pictures of them with wet hair (which doesn't even look that bad)

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
How can you tell someone that they've definitely got male pattern baldness and need to jump on the big three, just from three pictures of them with wet hair (which doesn't even look that bad)

No one is suggesting anyone to jump anywhere: in fact, age is an unknown factor that I asked to the user.

I am sorry finasteride isn't working out for you, but users who ask for suggestions should be given the whole spectrum of approved solutions when they ask about the best possible treatments regarding hair loss.
I actually just turned 18, my hair is much more dense after it is dried but otherwise yeah. How would I go about the big 3? I'm not too familiar with this
18 might be a little early for finasteride, because you are probably still growing. At this young age you may want to talk to your GP to check your options.

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No one is suggesting anyone to jump anywhere: in fact, age is an unknown factor that I asked to the user.

I am sorry finasteride isn't working out for you, but users who ask for suggestions should be given the whole spectrum of approved solutions when they ask about the best possible treatments regarding hair loss.

18 might be a little early for finasteride, because you are probably still growing. At this young age you may want to talk to your GP to check your options.

It is somewhat creepy that you know finasteride isn't working for me, but is also irrelevant since this thread isn't about me. I was just suggesting that it's impossible to tell from those three pictures wheather he has male pattern baldness or not and should consider visiting a derm before starting treatment. Also no one was asking about treatments for hairloss, he was simply asking what people thought of his hair condition and hairline.

Heca

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is how it looks dry idk I just feel like there's recession on my temples as well as thinning but I just wanted to check here before doing anything extreme thank you :)
image.png
image.png

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    336.6 KB · Views: 145

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is somewhat creepy that you know finasteride isn't working for me

You opened a thread saying finasteride is BS, and it was very vocal. I think it would be creepy if as a moderator I had not read it...
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/finasteride-is-f*****g-bs.99548/
But however, if you want to be right, be right.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is how it looks dry idk I just feel like there's recession on my temples as well as thinning but I just wanted to check here before doing anything extreme thank you :)View attachment 42552 View attachment 42553
How is your family history? And, moreover, do you keep the front hair shorter on purpose? These pictures are obviously much better than the others, hopefully they were taken in the same timeframe.

Heca

My Regimen
Reaction score
My father was bald by early 20s but uncles still have hair relatively. Yeah the pictures are weeks apart, my hairline looks way better when it's lined up. These are a few months back. I should hop on the big three before it's too late id imagine

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 152
  • image.png
    image.png
    541.8 KB · Views: 167
  • image.png
    image.png
    312.9 KB · Views: 175
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 163

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like your temples are receding. However, you are very young so if you tackle the issue soon you have good chances of preserving all of your hair.

If I were you, I would see a dermatologist doctor and ask for a trichogram, which is a very simple exam of hair able to say how much of your hair stems is in a "growing" (or "anagen", usually about 85%) phase as opposed to "dying" (or "telogen", about 15%) phase. Based on the results of the trichogram and your age, a well informed derm will be able to say if you need minoxidil, or finasteride (although you may be too young). As for the ketoconazole shampoo, it is probably the most straightforward of the three "big", as it can help many hair problems, including dandruff.

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You opened a thread saying finasteride is BS, and it was very vocal. I think it would be creepy if as a moderator I had not read it...
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/finasteride-is-f*****g-bs.99548/
But however, if you want to be right, be right.
Creepy how you remembered a thread from two months ago and who it was that made the thread, but who am I to judge, you clearly must have photographic memory.