What do you do when the shedding is REALLY bad?

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
As you can see from my regimen, I started finasteride about 9 months ago and right now my hair looks like utter shiiite. I was shedding for about a month or two and that ended about two months ago but my hair looks and feels a lot thinner than it used to. Maybe I'm still shedding but can't notice it due to my buzzcut.

So to those who experienced a nasty shed that had visible effects, what did you do to cope with it? Did you wear hats as much as possible? Shave your head? Keep your hair really long to hide the thin areas?

Right now I'm kinda stumped. I don't wanna shave it b/c I have a weird shaped head and I can't grow my hair out because it looks hideous when long (think Bruce Lee hair, only poofier...). The buzz cut is the only style that really works for me, but it doesn't help in hiding the thinning spots... hence, I wear hats a lot more frequently than I used to.

BALD IS BEAUTIFUL

Established Member
Reaction score
kalbo said:
As you can see from my regimen, I started finasteride about 9 months ago and right now my hair looks like utter shiiite. I was shedding for about a month or two and that ended about two months ago but my hair looks and feels a lot thinner than it used to. Maybe I'm still shedding but can't notice it due to my buzzcut.

So to those who experienced a nasty shed that had visible effects, what did you do to cope with it? Did you wear hats as much as possible? Shave your head? Keep your hair really long to hide the thin areas?

Right now I'm kinda stumped. I don't wanna shave it b/c I have a weird shaped head and I can't grow my hair out because it looks hideous when long (think Bruce Lee hair, only poofier...). The buzz cut is the only style that really works for me, but it doesn't help in hiding the thinning spots... hence, I wear hats a lot more frequently than I used to.
First, I will try a buzz cut. But if the shedding becomes messy then shaving my head is better idea rather than wearing hats,since my workspace does not allow wearing hats. :cry: Long hairs make shedding awful for me. :cry: