What do you consider shedding????

jeffsss

Reaction score
I'll lose like 10 or so hairs when i shampoo my hair and then run my fingers though it to see how many come out.

is that typical of shedding or just plain .. losing hair...

dek

Reaction score
I am very interested in this as well. My hair has been "shedding" for three years now and I am waiting for something different to happen as I have been on proscar for two months now. I still lose the same amount in the shower and when I run my hands through my hair. Is the shedding that everyone refers to just a continuation of the shedding they had before treatment or an extreme version of it. I keep thinking that maybe I was shedding like this all along because I usually lose about 25-50 hairs in the shower, but have been for years (if i shampoo or shower every other day). Please help with this inquiry...

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
when I shed it's like 200-300 hairs in the shower, that's a shed

so if I losse only ten or fifty or let's say eighty I am one happy camper

daily loss up to 150 hairs is normal

jeffsss

Reaction score
damnthis said:
when I shed it's like 200-300 hairs in the shower, that's a shed

so if I losse only ten or fifty or let's say eighty I am one happy camper

daily loss up to 150 hairs is normal

holy crap.. i would freak out if i lost 2-300 hairs !!!

j25

Established Member
Reaction score
People focus too much on the daily amount of hair fallout. It depends on the person. Lots of GIRLS are losing tons of hair every day and they don;t go bald for sure. It's the quality of the hair that still stands on your head that really counts, obviously.

jeffsss

Reaction score
j25 said:
People focus too much on the daily amount of hair fallout. It depends on the person. Lots of GIRLS are losing tons of hair every day and they don;t go bald for sure. It's the quality of the hair that still stands on your head that really counts, obviously.

well my hair is a "2" clipper cut on the sides and about 2-3 inches long on top.

I never see small hairs in my hands when i'm washing my hair.. it's always the longer ones.. the ones that count on top!!!

Monkey

Reaction score
I've just started on Revivogen and three weeks in I've shed lots and I look worse than ever - it isn't a normal shed as I suddenly look thin on top.

The 'experts' say that this is what will happen and that an early shed is a good sign, it would be nice to see if anyone else is having similar experiences, cos right now i'm wishing I never started on anything.

jeffsss

Reaction score
Monkey said:
I've just started on Revivogen and three weeks in I've shed lots and I look worse than ever - it isn't a normal shed as I suddenly look thin on top.

The 'experts' say that this is what will happen and that an early shed is a good sign, it would be nice to see if anyone else is having similar experiences, cos right now i'm wishing I never started on anything.

i'm in the same boat as you.

Ive only been on propecia for a month and i'm tinking of getting off.