What do you all think of the Lasercomb ?

noorur

Established Member
Reaction score
On the lasercomb forums, they say that they have just completed their FDA clinical trials phase II.
I am pretty sure that the lasercomb will become FDA approved, as this costs alot of money and no scam company would put it through FDA trials if it didn't work.

They claim that the results seem very encouraging and etc.....

I have been using it for a while now, 5 months now, and my thick hairs on the sides have become thicker, but the thin hair on top hasn't changed one bit. Those hairs on the top are weak and have been thinning for a veyr long time now. They havn't grown in the last 10 months :( I hope those hairs on the top shed off and get replaced by newer thicker hairs. I recently added 1/4 proscar onto my regime. I hope I can recover 3-4 years worth of hairloss.

What are your opinions on the lasercomb ??

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Hi 20... again ... how long have you been on said treatment. Please remember to include all the necessary information as your listeners do not automatically know. Saying something has not worked for you can be misleading without knowing how long you've been on it.

HairLossTalk.com

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
Been about 4 months so far. Pretty religious about usage in the first two-three months. Lately, I havent used it much.

noorur

Established Member
Reaction score
20sometingtoo said:
Been about 4 months so far. Pretty religious about usage in the first two-three months. Lately, I havent used it much.

oh no wonder

you will should notice results after 6 months of religious use......

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll wait for the FDA approval before buying a lasercomb. Personally i don't think it does a whole lot.

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
noorur said:
20sometingtoo said:

oh no wonder

you will should notice results after 6 months of religious use......

Really? I was told to expect results in a matter of weeks. Not kidding.

G

They say on the hairmax site that results will first be noticed from between 12weeks-6months in some cases.

WithTheLidOff

Established Member
Reaction score
My damn laser comb broke within 3 months. I didn;t do anything to it..the piece of crap just stopped working, all of a sudden it wouldnt turn on (yes, I tried changing the power source). They ARE willing to send a replacement even though my warranty expired expired, but it will cost me $150 US ( i guess they figured out more ways to syphon even more $$ from people). I bought mine in Toronto from Dr. Martin Unger. When I called his office, they told me that they have nothing to do with the laser comb any more and are no way affiliated with it. WOW! The whole thing sounds really shady to me. Honestly, I feel like a jackass cause I paid some good money to a crook company to shine a red Christmas light on my head for 3 months. Maybe I'm just so pissed off at the company that I want them to get whats comming to them, and in all actuality the thing MIGHT work....just be very very cautious.

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to these FDA trials? Abstracts? What do they say is the mechanism that drives re-growth with this comb?

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
WithTheLidOff said:
My damn laser comb broke within 3 months. I didn;t do anything to it..the piece of crap just stopped working, all of a sudden it wouldnt turn on (yes, I tried changing the power source). They ARE willing to send a replacement even though my warranty expired expired, but it will cost me $150 US ( i guess they figured out more ways to syphon even more $$ from people). I bought mine in Toronto from Dr. Martin Unger. When I called his office, they told me that they have nothing to do with the laser comb any more and are no way affiliated with it. WOW! The whole thing sounds really shady to me. Honestly, I feel like a jackass cause I paid some good money to a crook company to shine a red Christmas light on my head for 3 months. Maybe I'm just so pissed off at the company that I want them to get whats comming to them, and in all actuality the thing MIGHT work....just be very very cautious.

When you say it won't turn on does it feel like the button is stuck? If so push it in at different angles and persevere with it. The buttons on mine get stuck so this could be your problem.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that the lasercomb will become FDA approved, as this costs alot of money and no scam company would put it through FDA trials if it didn't work

I thought that, too. But after using the comb for 6 months with no results, reading their message boards, and realizing that the only positive posts on the internet are from some guy named "Greg" (and his pics have marginal results at best), I think they're milking the FDA process for all it's worth.

Every comb they sell makes them a ridiculous profit. If you've held a lasercomb in your hand, it's obvious it didn't cost more than $25 to fabricate.

Also, just look at the website. Compare the marketing language to a reputable pharmaceutical company. Now compare the marketing language to your average snake oil vendor. The Hairmax site reeks of sleaziness. I'm embarrassed I didn't realize it before.