what do we know about FGF5? Study attached

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just reading on increasing anlagen phase, which I need, after the cbd thread. Seems Japanese rose extract has some FGF5 inhibitory effect.

Promotion of anagen, increased hair density and reduction of hair fall in a clinical setting following identification of FGF5-inhibiting compounds via a novel 2-stage process​

partysnacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We also screened a number of isolates from the monoterpene family (Figure 1) including 3-carene, l-carveol, 1,8-cineole, β-citronellol, dl-rose oxide, geraniol, geranyl acetate, lin-alool, linalyl acetate, l-menthol, nerol, piperitone, α-terpineol, (−)terpinen-4-ol, (+)terpinen-4-ol and (±)terpinen-4-ol. The monoterpenoid isolates were sourced from Tokyo Chemical Industries (Tokyo, Japan) except for 3-carene, l-carveol and dl-rose oxide, which were kindly provided by Nippon Terpene Chemicals, Inc. (Kobe, Japan). A selection of the above will hereafter be referred to as MTP3–MTP6 without disclosure of their identities for reasons of commercial protection.

Saw this and the mention of "monoterpenoids" being inhibitors of FGF5 (mainly MTP3, but they don't say which terpene that is). Cannabis contains many "terpenoids", including monoterpenoids:

1623722671394.png

So, IF (big if) CBD does noticeably help hair growth, I wonder if this is one of the reasons why.

Last edited: